Spurs (H) - 31 August

Comments

• He has got history. 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • IronHerb said:

Anthony Taylor is our ref tomorrow. 😬

Not again? He's reffed us once this season already. So, so biased, can't stand the bloke.
  • Apologies but I must have misread Anthony Taylor. Tonights officials are -

Match Officials
    Referee: Peter Bankes
    Assistants: Eddie Smart, Nick Greenhalgh
    Fourth official: Michael Salisbury
    VAR: Stuart Attwell
    Assistant VAR: Constantine Hatzidakis.
  • So is the new bloke available for selection or not?
  • Hamstew said:

So is the new bloke available for selection or not?

No think we missed the deadline
  • I think we have until 6:30pm today to get it sorted
  • Has to be registered before midday on a working day before the match.

That's what the BBC article says in its report of why the new Everton player couldn't play last night.
  • Ok thanks. I doubt he would have played even if he was available. Not trained with the squad etc...
  • MrsGrey said:

Has to be registered before midday on a working day before the match.

That's what the BBC article says in its report of why the new Everton player couldn't play last night.

Is it possible that he was registered but is still awaiting a work permit? It must be possible as non-Brits sometimes get their wp after the window ends and are still able to be registered.
  • Could be.
  • He has to have his work permit in place no later than 75 minutes before kick off, which is when the teams give their line ups to the ref.
  • Yea heard some mad reports saying that Newcastle may put Isak on the bench and then can only bring him on after the 70th minute as before then he won't have a permit but during the game he will get one
  • As soon as Paqueta is in our line up hes straight into my fantasy team as its not the same if you dont have at least one of ours in the squad. Cornets been in my draft squad as soon as I was able to get him but hes been twiddling his thumbs so far!
  • Don't jinx him please Baz hahaha
  • Yea heard some mad reports saying that Newcastle may put Isak on the bench and then can only bring him on after the 70th minute as before then he won't have a permit but during the game he will get one

Can't see that personally. I'm sure you need to be eligible prior to the game.
  • edited August 2022
    I think he was signed it time but as it’s a double game week he had to be registered to play by Friday 12pm to be available for weekend and midweek games (combined in one game week), we signed him Monday.
  • He will be registered in time, 12.30 Tuesday was the registration cut off for tonight. Couldn't register Monday as it was a BH.
    Ex wrote yesterday that after initially having make an appointment in Hull to get his work permit they found a spare appointment slot in London, so I don't think it will be an issue.
  • Bazshuayi said:

As soon as Paqueta is in our line up hes straight into my fantasy team as its not the same if you dont have at least one of ours in the squad. Cornets been in my draft squad as soon as I was able to get him but hes been twiddling his thumbs so far!

Since when does my fantasy team not kick butt? He'll be super, smashing, marvelous and quite possibly listen to Tony too ;)
  • Baz, On that basis can you put as many of our players in your team as possible. 😉
  • One of my draft teams has Cornet, Scamacca and Bowen in it (and Paqueta as my hopeful first pick transaction this week) :) I'd have 3 just in midfield. I'll bring in a defender after Spurs/Chelsea
  • Right, I'm off to the game. Another epic Hammers victory awaits. COYI. ⚒
  • Enjoy IH. Look forward to your match report!
  • Probably better than his school report 😁
  • Someone’s been peeking.
  • Ex says Paqueta has been given his permit and can play tonight

Personally still would be surprised to see Moyes throw him straight in
  • He’ll be on the bench I reckon
  • Unveiling at the London Stadium
  • If it’s not to house of pain they have missed a trick here

*credit of course to Baz 👍🏻
  • Scamacca out with a sickness bug. Great.
  • No Scamacca