Burnley (home) Sunday 17th April 2:15pm (not on TV)

Comments

• His foot looked to be facing the wrong way, it’s pretty bad. Feel so sorry for Vlasic, it’s not his fault.
  • Yeah get the feeling its probably like the Son on Gomes injury.
  • Just going off on the motorised stretcher, right ankle in a protective splint of sorts. He was on oxygen, and, although clearly in pain, was conscious and as OK as he could be I guess.

A second medical issue in the crowd now.
  • We've conceded
  • They head onto the bar from a corner, and then head the rebound in; we let them win 2 headers at a corner.

The break in play really worked against us there, we were right on top before.
  • Antonio shoots from well outside the box; on the plus side it was slightly deflected for a corner 😂🤣😂

Unfortunately nothing comes of it.
  • Momentum literally sucked right out with that break.
  • We still cant handle the Thursday to Sunday games though it seems
  • Still feeling good about this one, we are passing with purpose

We looked really good before the stoppage, we're just struggling to get going again now.

Disagree. We’ve been pretty good, definitely the better side. They got a set piece goal after a lot of disruption that’s all.
  • haha yeah sorry this Thursday to Sunday stuff with a small squad just doesnt happen for us.
  • what a pen second to Lookmans for fulham that
  • What a brilliant penalty 😁😁😁
  • What kind of game is this,Cant say i like it
  • Tony Gale digging Johnson out for his offensive efforts at every opportunity; for an ex-player he always seems to be very critical of our players.

I agree he needs to work on his attacking play, but Gale is annoyingly critical imo.
  • Our players better use that to kick start their game again. This is such an important three points.
  • Incredible that Pen does not get retaken for about half the field in the box when its taken lol.
  • Signs of the old West Ham there. From our corner to their attack.
    I do have one question. Why was the penalty not retaken? Johnson was encroaching in the penalty area.
  • MIAHammer said:

Signs of the old West Ham there. From our corner to their attack.
    I do have one question. Why was the penalty not retaken? Johnson was encroaching in the penalty area.

I think they tend to only order a retake if the offending player gets involved (eg he gets the rebound) these days.
  • Apparently we’re going for 4 successive home wins for the first time since 2012.
  • Since their goal we've been really poor

Nothing going for us

The Europa really does ruin us in the Prem doesn't it
  • To be fair, Johnson has been poor...
    Pity Vlasic looked so freaked out with the injury, before that he'd done well I thought.
    Need a spark, lucky they wasted the penalty....
    After the injury we have not played well, before that, some promising moves.IMO.
  • MIAHammer said:

Signs of the old West Ham there. From our corner to their attack.

I think they tend to only order a retake if the offending player gets involved (eg he gets the rebound) these days.
    That makes sense. Although usually that doesn’t seem to be a criteria for a rule :-)
  • edited April 2022
    Also Fabianski paid his poor part in the goal conceded, he was unconvincing and flapping....Not great from him.
  • edited April 2022
    Benny For the spark we need
  • Fornals is crucial for the way we play
  • I feel a 2-1 to us in the second half. A little Moysie talking to iron out a couple of problems and we'll be right as rain.
  • Great chance to score as we break, but Bowen didn't play Antonio in when he should have, and they got players back.
  • Poor pass from Diop puts them in, but Cornet shot early and wide when he had better options; another let off.