Other matches Saturday 12 March and following

Adam Lallana was subbed on for Brighton but had to go off again after 20 mins with a hamstring injury. He's another player who's really stalled in his career. The curse of Liverpool.

Comments

• It was only 8 minutes MrsG. On at half time and off after 53.
  • Brighton getting nothing from the Ref .Liverpool getting everything
  • Yikes. That's even worse. I was following BBC text updates so obvs got it wrong. I'm on a boat so slightly distracted by the bad weather and high winds :-(
  • Oh dear Man u v Spurs ,Not sure i can watch it .Has someone got paint drying i could watch
  • At least maguire hit the back of the net, did not see the celebratory slide from him though.
  • Even worse had he left it alone the spud players would have been offside, he has a melon for a brain it seems
  • IronHerb said:

It was only 8 minutes MrsG. On at half time and off after 53.

It felt like one touch and then a sprint that failed to me from an involvement point of view (like 2 minutes, so 8 seems like a long time now)
  • edited March 2022
    steve said:

Brighton getting nothing from the Ref .Liverpool getting everything

They got a break with Sanchez not even getting a yellow for taking out Diaz (and not for a nice meal) ;)
  • Just watching MOTD, and the Maguire own goal seems incredibly harsh to me, and just highlights how appalling the offside law is. Romero was offside, Maguire didn't know that so had to try to intercept the cross, and he ends up putting it in his own net. If he doesn't touch it, Romero is offside and there's no goal. Surely there's absolutely no argument that Romero wasn't interfering with play?!
  • alderz, It's not the first time this has happened, apologies I can't remember the actual game, but in a match earlier this season I am sure that a manager complained a player in an offside position made one of his defenders react to a cross resulting in a goal when if he hadn't it wouldn't have.
  • Just poor defending imo.
  • The only defence is that it’s Maguire and high chance he might’ve done that anyway
  • Even worse had he left it alone the spud players would have been offside, he has a melon for a brain it seems

I do believe his nickname in the England squad is Slab Head hahaha
  • You kind of lost me at England squad
  • Newcastle fans singing at Chelsea..# He's coming for you, He's coming for you, Mike Ashley, He's coming for you #
  • Everton lossing again did make me smile
  • I see some of the Arsenal fans were complaining about the match earlier saying the penalty today was the first time they had a decision that was reviewed go in their favour. They obviously have very poor memories after the penalty they got against us at the Emirates in December.
  • Just catching up with MOTD and Wrighty absolutely gushing over Havertz's goal, but said almost nothing about Yarmo's which IMO was better.
    I'm not denying Havertz's was quality but it was technically easier than Yarmo's
    The ball into Yarmo was at pace and he's controlled it with his right foot and shifted it to his left in the same movement and then with almost no backlift powered it past Martinez.

• Recently I seem to have gone off Wrighty.
  • City are a weird one

I know they have the best squad, and are obviously among if not THE best team in the world....but I just think something is missing with them

Think momentum is with Liverpool
  • Crystal Palace proving to be a bogey team for Man City
  • Don't understand how Pep has Sterling, Jesus, Gundogan on the bench and doesnt use any of them
  • City are a weird one

I know they have the best squad, and are obviously among if not THE best team in the world....but I just think something is missing with them

A centre forward
  • Yuk I hate Palace
  • Don't understand how Pep has Sterling, Jesus, Gundogan on the bench and doesnt use any of them

And then has a moan about the number of games they have to play.
  • Sounds a strange thing to say but I guess we want United to win this evening to ensure they have further European matches to concern them during the Premier league run in.
  • Dont think i can do that .Half of me wanted them to beat spurs ,Cant go through all that again =)
  • Watching Man Utd game. All I can say is Robbie Savage……..what a muppet!!
  • Atletico another team that waste time
  • Atletico are the Spanish version of Burnley but of course a more successful one.