The Hammers ⚒ v The Peacocks 🦚 - Sunday 16th January, 🕑

Comments

• is Oko Flex really worse than Yarmolenko ?
  • We have kids scoring for fun in the U23s, Antonio having an off day and we bring on Yarmo!
  • Lukerz said:

It’s so painfully obvious we need a CB

Palace could have had 5, Leeds could have had 6

Moyes stands there with his arms folded

We can’t defend better, this is their maximum

And we're halfway through the window and still no closer to replacing Ogbonna, who was ruled out for the season in November.

Sorry, but our inactivity in the window is costing us here. Masuaku and Yarmolenko our options to save a game is desperate, and no thing's been done to address our terrible defence.
  • he assumed we would be fine with Zouma and cress coming back, cost us points
  • offside for us
  • some rubbish passing at the back
  • Need more from Lanzini, Diop exposed, Cresser looking out of sorts, (forgivable after being out), Rice having to run the show on his own.

All in all we do not deserve to get anything out of this one, Leeds have done what Leeds do, energy, high intensity pressing and look dangerous going forward, fair play to them.
  • Five minutes for Sonny Perkins. Nothing to lose now.
  • What a terrible performance this has been.
  • Arthur doesn't offer himself up and when he gets the ball he just unloads it straight away, he offers nothing
  • West Ham corner...
  • Wasted.

Antonio has been so bad today. Just casually chips the ball out of play.
  • Our passing has been poor - but too few making themselves available. Good pressing from Leeds who deserve the win.
    Hoping I’ve jinxed it!
  • Dawson up front. This is where we are now.
  • Oh my god. What was that?! Equaliser on a plate and Bowen wastes it.

Absolutely incredible.
  • How did Bowen miss?
  • edited January 2022
    I think it's clear from our subs we are not a top four team
  • should have scored with his head
  • Bowen, shocking there, but we deserved that loss......
  • boooooooooooooooooooo
  • How did Bowen not score there. He just had to head it!
  • not good enough at the back
  • typical west ham when we are in the top 4
  • If a Leeds player had missed that Bowen chance then I would have laughed, what an earth was that?
  • now lets beat Manure
  • Can't blame the attackers. We shouldn't need to score 3 goals at home against Leeds for a point.

Defensively we have become so poor. Not just the CBs but as an entire team. The space we're allowing through the middle and down the sides is dreadful.

This was so similar to the Saints game.
  • If we don’t strengthen now, it will show that we have no ambition.
  • edited January 2022
    One of those games, we are not a top 4 team and it's great we up there at the moment, but the lack of squad bites us again.......

No complaints from our league position, just gutting that we tend to lose to teams we should be beating, nothing new there I guess.....

But I'm just grateful I'm not a toffee.....Just nice to be looking up than down.....

Hopefully we sign Jesse soon.....would be my 1st choice, feel good factor etc etc....
  • Extra pain when your fantasy captain fluffs lines at the death. We didnt deserve anything today. Leeds hussled well, naively did what they do and the short version is that we were sloppy (especially defensively)
  • Sorry, but beating Liverpool and Chelsea means nothing if you lose to Southampton, Brentford and Leeds.

Dreadful performance. Yes, we've played a lot of games, but the club knew we started the season in four competitions and to go into it with such a thin squad is poor.

We talk about trusting Moyes in the market, and he has credit in the bank, but he spent £30m on Vlasic who hasn't done anywhere near enough to justify that money and signed Kral and never plays him. Players in two key positions and arguably he's got them both wrong.