The Hammers ⚒ v The Peacocks 🦚 - Sunday 16th January, 🕑

Comments

• Lawro goes 2-0

Oh no!! :(
  • It seems that Llorente's ban for five yellows is this weekend and Bamford is still a doubt.

Am I showing signs of early onset Alzheimer's or wasn't it that bans were for all domestic matches rather than separate for league and cup?

I'm sure it used to be, but cautions are now only counted within the competition that they are earned in, hence Llorente's ban for 5 yellows within the first 19 of Leeds' Premier League games applies to their next Premier League game (ie Sunday's match with us, rather than last Sunday's match with us).
  • Aslef, it has varied season to season.
  • edited January 2022
    Bielsa press conference

"It’s probable that Pascal Struijk, Rodrigo and Bamford may have options to return against West Ham United

"Patrick Bamford has not had a setback. He's still evolving"

• edited January 2022
    Didn’t realise Leeds finished 6 points behind us last season.
  • It seems that Llorente's ban for five yellows is this weekend and Bamford is still a doubt.

Am I showing signs of early onset Alzheimer's or wasn't it that bans were for all domestic matches rather than separate for league and cup?

I'm sure it used to be, but cautions are now only counted within the competition that they are earned in, hence Llorente's ban for 5 yellows within the first 19 of Leeds' Premier League games applies to their next Premier League game (ie Sunday's match with us, rather than last Sunday's match with us).
    Coufal got a red against Arsenal in the Prem and was banned against Spurs in the Carabao.
  • "Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches, will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup."

Maybe it's different with reds, but the above is taken from the Premier League website.
  • A win tomorrow puts us within 3 pts of Chelsea
  • Am i the only one who thinks that stupid yellow circle is a new post from someone ,Done it a few times ........no just me then i really do have problems clearly more then my wife tells me i have
  • No, me too.
  • A Leeds fan reporting that Rodrigo and Struijk have travelled down with the squad but Bamford was missing
  • Soucek has confirmed his absence today on Twitter
  • Same team
  • Wouldn’t it be nice if sky sports spoke about the game that is happening rather than the game that isn’t. Just once.
  • Not much on the bench attacking wise
  • Leeds make four changes

Struijk, Raphinha, Forshaw and Dallas start

Llorente suspended, Bate and Hjelde drop to the bench, no Greenwood

Rodrigo on the bench but no Bamford

Right, I'm off down the pub to watch the match. The bookies like 2-1 but I don't see Leeds scoring
  • Another blank sheet would be nice
  • Wouldn’t it be nice if sky sports spoke about the game that is happening rather than the game that isn’t. Just once.

Sky are struggling today - we’re the only game they’ve got now, so they are having difficulty talking about anything else. Quite funny!

• They still spent the first 15 minutes talking about a game that isn’t taking place.
  • Raphinha worries me. Think they'll score, but we should have enough.

If Antonio is on it today, I reckon a 3-1 win
  • I find it odd that in our games with Leeds, they constantly mention about their injuries but they don’t mention Ogbonna or Zouma at all. It’s weird. Are Diop and Dawson doing a better job than some of us have suggested to the point that it doesn’t really make a difference in the eyes of neutrals?
  • Anything can happen in the PL, but Leeds don’t have the ability to play a different way other than open & naive.

If they had the ability to do a Burnley & grind out a 0-1 I’d be more worried. I can’t help but feel there will be loads of opportunities today & it will comes down to who has the better players.
  • Raphinha worries me. Think they'll score, but we should have enough.

If Antonio is on it today, I reckon a 3-1 win

O.o
  • I'm predicting a draw just because West Ham don't win this many games in a row. It's not a thing we do.
  • Bored of the comms already. Yes, Leeds have injuries, we get it.
  • Can we calm down and put a foot on it. Early days and some unnecessary thumps up field and head tennis.
  • We started kind of slow
  • diop had his pocket picked