Dinamo Zagreb (H) - Thurs 9th Dec, 8pm

Comments

• Only players “grown ups” who’ve looked good so far are Areola and Vlasic imo.
  • Perkins is struggling due to lack of support. Needs someone close to him.
  • Shame Okoflex couldnt be involved would have been a better option on the wing and put Vlasic through the middle
  • Kral & Vlasic look ok but are more neat & tidy more than influential
  • Vlasic looks to be lacking confidence so isn’t trying very much. Which isn’t what we need from him.

Longelo in particular has looked good, I think.
  • alderz said:

Ok I’m going to the cinema now, have fun

Quarter to nine on a school night?
  • Vlasic looks to be lacking confidence so isn’t trying very much. Which isn’t what we need from him.

Longelo in particular has looked good, I think.

Agree on both fronts. Vlasic has been neat and tidy, but no cutting edge. At some point he's going to have to get hold of a game and really assert himself. Way behind the other AMs at the moment, and if we do get Lingard next month he'll be even further behind.
  • Benrahma on for Fornals for the second half.
  • edited December 2021

alderz said:

Ok I’m going to the cinema now, have fun

Quarter to nine on a school night?
    I don’t go to school, I’m 32

😎
  • Man, Vlasic is so nearly a very good player.
  • I don’t have any doubt Vlasic is a very good player. Just needs to grow his confidence and build chemistry with the team.
  • Our set pieces have been absolute garbage tonight.
  • Longelo looks the real deal to me.
  • Longelo looks the real deal to me.

He struggled in the cup game he played but looks to have come a long way since then. Stand out player so far. The two CBs haven't really been tested but have done their job well.

Encouraging signs.
  • He also looks about a foot taller than when he played in the cup
  • Benrahma had three players free on his right but shoots straight into a defender.

Poor decision making again. It plagued his early performances and seems to have crept back into his game recently.
  • edited December 2021
    Bit surprised we haven’t lobbed on a couple of first teamers now. The ‘resting’ job has been done. We don’t want to lose our only game of the group to a side who has never won in England. Seems a bit of a ‘throw’ match which I don’t like, regardless of injuries
  • Benrahma has had more touches than Yarmolenko who's been on the whole game
  • edited December 2021
    Literally pointless, Lukerz. This is a nothing game for us. Win, lose or draw it means the same.

The round of 16 team will be completely different to this, so I don't think there's any point in risking any more first teamers ahead of Burnley.
  • yoyo said:

Benrahma has had more touches than Yarmolenko who's been on the whole game

I don't want to see Yarmolenko in a West Ham shirt again. Time and again he demonstrates he's not up to it.
  • Baby Potts.
    Tidy hair.

• MrsGrey said:

Baby Potts.
    Tidy hair.

Peaky Blinder.
  • edited December 2021
    Benrahma’s as bad at corners as Nobes
  • Our set pieces have been absolute garbage tonight.

And again
  • Lukerz said:

Bit surprised we haven’t lobbed on a couple of first teamers now. The ‘resting’ job has been done. We don’t want to lose our only game of the group to a side who has never won in England. Seems a bit of a ‘throw’ match which I don’t like, regardless of injuries

It’s an irrelevant game. Going unbeaten in the group doesn’t win anything.
  • It’s a good job Genk lost tonight or I think they’d have complained about our playing the youth team. It was gifted to Zagreb
  • Yeah but to me this has all been a bit pointless. I don’t like games you show no intent to win, regardless of circumstances. If fans wanted to watch the youngsters (which seems the only bonus of tonight) they could have gone to an U23 game.
  • they did not disgrace themselves vs a team who beat the spuds 3-0
  • you would have thought Yarmacango would have made much more impact on the game. Noble too quiet for me given the number of youngsters on the pitch but most gave a good accountr of themselves.
  • That went as I expected. The youngsters all did quite well I thought. Longerz being the pick of the bunch. I've had quite enough if Yarma personally.