Everton away 2pm Sunday 17th October Sky Sports

edited October 2021 in Match Threads
Thought I'd start the thread as no one else had

Coufal was rested rather than playing in the international break and Fredericks isn't guaranteed to be fit.

Everton could be without Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Richarlson, Andre Gomes, Lucas Digne, Alex Iwobi and Seamus Coleman,

Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend have been playing well behind Salomon Rondon.

Comments

• First live game of the season for me.
    Love going to Goodison it’s a proper old football ground, only one downside to it - I’ve never seen us get even a point there.
    This time, this time…….
  • Yes, its a traditional bad ground for us to get wins from although in recent times we actually have.

They do have a few on the doubtful list but the likes of DCL for example were touted as being back for the Man Utd game so you know they'll be back for us (hopefully not fully fit though). Digne isnt as attacking under Rafa, Coleman is easily replaced, Iwobi hardly in the team because of Townsend, Gomez is not rated by Evertonians so it would be ok if he made it. Just Richarlison and DCL, for me, the ones to worry about out of that list
  • Bazshuayi said:

Yes, its a traditional bad ground for us to get wins from although in recent times we actually have.

We've gone to Goodison 11 times since we returned to the Premier in 2012, we've lost seven, drawn once in the Cup and won three. The good news is that all three wins have been since 2016
    Bazshuayi said:

Iwobi hardly in the team because of Townsend

Iwobi was playing on the left with Townsend on the right, without Iwobi they played 20yo Anthony Gordon against Man U, he spent the second half of last season on loan with Preston.
  • For some reason I think this is a definite loss.
  • For some reason I think this is a definite loss.

Are you HamStew in disguise =)
  • Or YeOld, deal with it.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Yes, its a traditional bad ground for us to get wins from although in recent times we actually have.

We've gone to Goodison 11 times since we returned to the Premier in 2012, we've lost seven, drawn once in the Cup and won three. The good news is that all three wins have been since 2016
    Bazshuayi said:

Iwobi hardly in the team because of Townsend

Iwobi was playing on the left with Townsend on the right, without Iwobi they played 20yo Anthony Gordon against Man U, he spent the second half of last season on loan with Preston.
    Fair enough, I was under the impression that Gray was on the left (with Townsend and Iwobi sharing time on the right prior to DCL and Richarlisons absense). I did see Gordon on the left vs Man Utd but assumed that was because Gray was moved into a different more forward position
  • Lawro has us down for a 2-1 win, pity I was hoping for a good result.
  • Also seems Evertons injure problems are getting better by the day ,Thers a surprise =)
  • Benitez confirms Alex Iwobi back in training while Lucas Digne and Seamus Coleman have started training with the first team.

Yerry Mina played a full 90 minutes for Colombia yesterday, kick off was 9pm London time. I guess he'll be flying back today and might be a bit jet lagged

"The others are improving and we will see in the week how they are."
  • Digne in, DCL and Richarlison out.
  • Moyes says...

"We've probably got one or two injuries, one or two people coming back from international duty we're having to look after. It looks like this break's taken its toll on lots of teams.

"If I did have any nos, I wouldn't tell you anyway! We might have some people who are unavailable."

Hardly good news...
  • edited October 2021
    This will be tricky, as I feel we have had a decent start but we’ve also had decent fixtures. If we lose this, it will be 3 losses in 8 & risk becoming an average start, with tough games to come.

Seems we have a couple of knocks, so I am thinking it must be Coufal & maybe one other (Fornals, Rice,
    Soucek, Benrahma).

If all fit, I think I would go…

Areola
    Coufal - Diop - Zouma - Cresswell
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Benrahma - Fornals
    Antonio

Fabianski, Dawson, Ogbonna, Fredericks, Kral, Noble, Lanzini, Vlasic, Yarmolenko

Diop has had some good performances against Zagreb & Rapid, plus was excellent v Utd. Both him & Areola are yet to concede a goal. Think he deserves a chance after a sloppy start by Oggy.
  • I'd go for Kral over Soucek, personally. Soucek's form has been a bit sketchy and Rice's more progressive role has somewhat stunted Soucek's game.

If Moyes wants Rice to be more of a conventional No8, then maybe having the more naturally defensively-minded Kral alongside him would make for a better balance.
  • I’m personally not confident yet that Kral is better than an off-form Soucek. I’d like to see Soucek get a rest but I’m not sure who we bring in. It would maybe have to be Noble - though I think this game might be too big to throw him back into starting for
  • Kral played well at Man U.
  • All our B Team played well against Man U's B Team at Old Trafford

Moyes being Moyes he sticks with the same starting XI as much as possible and only make changes for injuries.

Nine players have started all 7 Premier League games this season, apart from Zouma replacing Dawson the only change to the starting XI was when Antonio missed Man U at home due to injury.

Kral, Areola, Diop and the rest will get a run out against Genk
  • I don’t feel very hopeful about today. Always seems a hard game against Everton, and Benitez has them very well-organised and hard to beat.
  • Not what I expect to see but would be tempted to go
    Areola
    Dawson, Zouma, Ogbonna
    Fredericks, Soucek, Rice, Cresswell
    Bowen, Fornals,
    Antonio
    We must be due a goal from a corner and I fancy Dawson as the most likely to get it.
  • Yeah a back 3 could work for this, with Masuaku coming in at LWB. Everton play a back 3 too.

Would allow us to leave Benrahma or Fornals on the bench after their international efforts.
  • edited October 2021
    Fab Johnson Oggy Zoomer Cress
    Benny Dec Soucek Jarrod Pablo
    Ant
  • edited October 2021
    The first eleven picks itself when everyone's fit, Coufal being first choice right back
  • I'd like to see Areola start personally
  • Dont care for Johnson ,just dont think he is good enough
  • Apparently barcodes vs spuds is the only game on today from the sky coverage , makes a change
  • Ya all about Newcastle ,Makes a change from Man U i guess
  • I'm sick of it, we never get our dues.I've switched over and I'm waiting until kick off to turn back channels
  • edited October 2021
    yoyo said:

I'm sick of it, we never get our dues.I've switched over and I'm waiting until kick off to turn back channels

Newcastle vs Spurs. Have I ever wanted more for a game to be a very boring 0-0 draw? Sky pundits excelling in their hypocrisy.
  • I've stopped watching the build up to our games as its always about the other game.
  • Think with that line-up we should start 4-4-1-1 and look to catch them on the break
    COME ON YOU IRONS