Pre Season 2021

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Reading friendly live on whufc.com tonight

Couldn't tell if it was free or paid for
    Article on club website says 'free of charge'!
  • I've just read the article ' West Ham v Reading, All you need to know'. As far as I can see, it doesn't tell you the time for ko :p
  • We’ll be streaming the action from the Select Car Leasing Stadium to you free of charge from 7pm,

Yeah, I was confused too. 🤔
  • That's in the 'all you need to know' article, is it? Must have missed it ;)
  • edited July 2021
    Team tonight:

Randolph; Fredericks, Diop, Dawson, Cresswell; Noble, Coventry; Bowen, Lanzini, Fornals; Antonio

Benny on the bench
  • Good to see Coventry getting game time ,He looks like the one who could play some of the games in europe
  • Not sure what's happened, but Oko-flex is starting in place of Bowen by the looks of it.

Injury or Liverpool bid 🤔
  • And Johnson plays ahead of Cresswell 🤔
  • Not sure what's happened, but Oko-flex is starting in place of Bowen by the looks of it.

No, he's in for Lanzini who drops to the bench.
  • Antonio looks like he has put on a bit more timber, don't think anyone is going to be moving him this season.

No, he's in for Lanzini who drops to the bench.
    And breathe!
  • 1-0 Hammers, OG after Diop won a flicked header from a corner
  • edited July 2021
    Fairly underwhelming first half. A few things to take away:

Kit looks great.

The ref looks like he's enjoyed the off-season a bit too much.

Randolph can't kick a football.

Bowen by far our best player in pre-season.

Oko-Flex looks a bit out of his depth.

We need some pace through the middle of our team. The CBs and CMs, even those missing tonight, are not particularly quick. Reading players have been faster than ours and if we're bringing in a new CB and CM, I hope they've got a turn of speed.
  • Pretty good run out for a pre season game

Decent tempo, is a good workout so far

Easily been the better team, Bowen has turned up for Pre season hungry, once again he's been a constant menace

Oxo-Flex has shown glimpses, looks like he has a lot of skill and confidence although raw (as expected)

Know our defenders have sometimes made it hard for him, but Randolphs kicks are so poor for his experience/level, not a single one of then passes the half way line, and quite a lot have gone straight out of play (again the defence haven't always made it easy for him)

All in all so far so good, dunno if Moyes will go with a 2nd XI or keep this one for a 60 minute session
  • Looks like it's being played at half speed..
  • I thought, for pre-season, we looked decent
  • MrsGrey said:

Looks like it's being played at half speed..

A few payers look like they're playing within themselves, Antonio in particular, which I guess is understandable for where they are in terms of their pre-season.

Just feels like we need some impetus. Hopefully Benrahma gets a run-out second half.
  • Don't care about impetus, just care about fitness and non-injuryness :-)
  • Just happy to see us play again
  • Nobby on the touchline. Reliving former glories!!
  • Looks like lanzini and Benrahma on.
  • Cresswell too.
  • Pop quiz , who played then ( that last Champo game against Reading) that's playing today? Nobes only?
  • 2-0, Coventry, great move
  • Coventry putting himself into squad contention

Bowen should make it 3 after a great ball from Benrahma but clips it over the bar 1v1
  • Coventry should definitely be part of our squad

Like I don't know how many of this Reading team are part of their first XI, but he's above this level

He may not be a Prem standard midfielder right now, but more than good enough for 4th choice

Great goal from Johnson as well
  • 3-0, Ben Johnson with a great solo run and finish
  • We've brought on the tiniest player I've ever seen.
  • Hamstew said:

We've brought on the tiniest player I've ever seen.

I want him to start a game next to Soucek.
  • Really enjoyed that second half. Can't read too much into it because it was basically against Reading's U23s, but some nice football on show and some decent performances. Johnson played well, took his goal really well, and Coventry certainly looked the part.