Couldn't think....part 4

Comments

• edited April 2021
    IronHerb said:

The new Forbes Football Club valuation has been released placing West Ham in 18th position valued at $508m.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2021/04/12/the-worlds-most-valuable-soccer-teams-barcelona-on-top-at-48-billion/?sh=32bc85e016ac

and the double D's value us at £750m
  • Where do they derive that figure from?
  • edited April 2021
    Very affordable now!
    I can chip in £5 to buy them. Anyone else on here want a piece of the action to make up the difference?
    .....or should we wait till European football is achieved? ⚒
  • Ollie Watkins gave an interview after his England game. He was asked who impressed him in the squad. " Declan Rice, such an underrated player. He's like a Rolls Royce." A nice bit of praise and appreciation from another side's player.
  • To be fair you can hardly call him underrated! I think the praise is flowing from all corners at present and he is most probably the highest rated player in the squad at present. I think most recognise he is the future Captain of England.
  • If Leicester stay 3rd, we come 4th, what happens regard to champions league places if either Chelsea or Liverpool win it?
  • yoyo said:

If Leicester stay 3rd, we come 4th, what happens regard to champions league places if either Chelsea or Liverpool win it?

Then we get 5 teams in the champions league. If Arsenal were to also win the Europa then 4th place would go Europa league, 1-3, 5 & 6 would go Champions League
  • Cheers alderz. So it's "come on Slavia " big time, although to be honest it was already!
  • A bit more nostalgia, Pop Robson scores a cracker

• Dulux has had to apologise for mocking its new commercial partner Spuds lol

What did they say? That Spurs were good ONCE upon a time!

(cue 101 other bad puns..........)

What did they say? That Spurs were good ONCE upon a time!

(cue 101 other bad puns..........)
    the usual empty trophy case could do with a touch up with their paint etc
  • ScotHammer, they said they were going to store some paint pots in the trophy cabinet as there was plenty of space in it & they would have the clean the dust of it as you need a clean surface before you decorate anything.
  • Dulux must be loving it. Their sponsorship with Spurs would have barely got a mention but their astute Twitter lead has caused massive coverage. As they say 'there's no such thing as bad publicity.'
  • Yoyo, I believe that beauty is a 1960 Standard 10 Pennant Companion. =)
  • They were going to extend the crowd capacity but said there was nowhere to extend till the builders said they could get rid of the trophy room it’s unused

• Alex Song plays in Djibouti now?
  • West Ham's highest score, 10–0 v Bury - Football League Cup 25 October 1983, has finally been beaten; West Ham Ladies v Chichester & Selsey 11-0.

COYIL
  • Lightening the mood..... I'm discussing the merits of a meat pie. To me it must be pastry top and bottom. My wife says just a top is ok. I'm shockd by such a statement and felt the need to remind her of our vows although pies don't appear to have been mentioned.

• Top only is ok. But only if you're on some sort of diet.
  • Hamstew, is that a diet where you aren't actually eating a proper pie. =)
  • I personally think a pie needs a top and a bottom, but also I don’t eat meat so what do I know? The pastry is all I have left
  • My apple pie has to be encased in pastry - surely that’s also a viable option for you alderz 😊
  • How are you meant to eat a pie at the football if it has no pastry on the bottom?
  • Messily. 😂
  • Pie needs both. Flan or quiche has a bottom only. Only thing allowed with a pastry crust top is a Lancashire Hot Pot.

There you go.

Next question?
  • edited April 2021
    IronHerb said:

Messily. 😂

Messi eats meat pies ?

Yeah, of course, Fray Bentos, the pie in a tin from Argentina. =)
This discussion has been closed.