Deadline Day - Don't go to bed

Comments

• What on Earth are you smoking, OCS?
  • edited February 2021
    Rumours that PSG are looking to loan out Idrissa Gueye.

He plays in a position we desperately need strengthening, he knows the Premier League, and seems to be available on what would be a low risk, high reward loan. Has apparently turned down a move to Newcastle, but could we be a more attractive proposition?

Would be very happy with him coming in.

• He plays in a position we desperately need strengthening,

I think it’s at this point that sully has already switched off
  • still time to let a few more go and drop that wage bill further
  • heaven forbid we strengthen the squad when we are near the top, we have form for this
  • Lukerz said:

I am pretty sure there will be a player or two coming in today. It’s all been incredibly downplayed by Moyes, because that’s what he does, but there is definitely likely to be a signing or two.

I thought winning was what he does 😂😂
  • You can tell there are no transfers happening when SKY reporters are talking about sustainably sourced clothes. 🤷‍♂️
  • edited February 2021
    They have form for this:

2014/15 - Nenê (free), Doneil Henry (minimal fee) - January signings
    1st January 2015 - West Ham were 7th, 4 points off the top 4, finished 12th after winning 3 of our remaining 21 games.

2015/16 - Sam Byram (undisclosed fee, believed to be £4.5m), Emmanuel Emenike (loan) - January signings
    2nd January 2016 - West Ham were 6th, 3 points off the top 4, finished 7th
  • Just looked at SSN to see what has happened, and it’s so quiet they are talking about the Sustainability Premier League!🤦‍♂️
  • Exactly. We're already safe with the bare minimum of outlay so why bother spending any more? No ambition at the top has always been our problem.
  • Which does make you think, why bother selling the Boleyn.

Well, we know why I suppose.
  • And you wonder why the likes of Payet didn’t want to stick around when firstly he was joined by eminike and then later by the likes of Calleri
  • Lukerz said:

Which does make you think, why bother selling the Boleyn.

The Reid loan news this morning made me think about it and the last goal there 🥲
  • On the bright side it would make a pleasant change for our owners to actually be telling the truth. They have said (via the manager and also their talksport outlet) that our transfer business was done and they will be delivering on that promise.
  • edited February 2021

Lukerz said:

Which does make you think, why bother selling the Boleyn.

The Reid loan news this morning made me think about it and the last goal there 🥲
    We finished that season on a high and didn't push on then, either. I think that summer saw the likes of Nordveit and Felougi arrive.

And here we are again, in a great position to push on and potentially achieve European football, and we've let go more players than we've signed.

It's now all about survival at minimal outlay, IMO. Which we could have achieved at Upton Park.

I know we keep going round in circles with the clowns that run this club, but if I don't vent here then my other half has to deal with my gripes 24/7 and I'm starting to get the impression she doesn't actually care.
  • And if my maths is correct we have 5 players out of contract in the summer, a fair number who we need to move on, some who probably want to leave (e.g. Diop) and we'll get offers for others (Rice, Soucek), particularly if we end up mid-table. So if we do nothing now there is a huge rebuilding job to do in the summer. But again, forward planning has never been a strong point with our owners.
  • Good news we a forging a great working relationship with Brentford
  • Yes, they can find the gems at a low price and sell them to us for a high price.
  • Good news we a forging a great working relationship with Brentford

Can’t wait to stick that in a frame
  • Like you, OCS, this is the only place I have to vent my fury at our owners.

In fact it is likely that tomorrow I will fire a few broadsides in the direction of Lukerz as he briefly filled me with hope that we might get “1 or 2” today

I apologise profusely in advance, Lukerz, for my posts of tomorrow.
  • SSN reporting Fulham in for King. If he goes what’s the betting he plays Saturday and scores against us.
  • King will only get relegated again with Fulham. He should wait until the summer when we get him for nothing
  • Reports that Sully has offered to sign lots of forwards but Moyes only wants players who he has targeted . At least this means Moyes has the final say and will hopefully get the team that he wants rather than a bunch of Sully randoms
  • Like you, OCS, this is the only place I have to vent my fury at our owners.

In fact it is likely that tomorrow I will fire a few broadsides in the direction of Lukerz as he briefly filled me with hope that we might get “1 or 2” today

I am genuinely amazed we have signed nobody. This is new lows for the owners.
  • Maitland-Niles to West Brom
  • Lukerz said:

Maitland-Niles to West Brom

Would have been a decent option for us. Can play CM and has even played LWB for Arsenal. Game time would have been a problem I guess.
  • Us being a direct rival would have been more of a problem for Arsenal I think
  • Is it worth pointing out that, in making Benrahma's loan permanent and the Lingard loan fees, we are the biggest spenders this month?

I know we are short, but think of all the clubs who are also short and below us in the table and who have done little or no business.
  • Lukerz said:

Like you, OCS, this is the only place I have to vent my fury at our owners.

I am genuinely amazed we have signed nobody. This is new lows for the owners.
    I'm just amazed that you are amazed Lukerz.
  • Benrahma was an obligatory purchase so doesn’t count at all IMO. It’s not as though it was an option that we exercised.