Transfer Deadline Day

Avi updated.

Ex's Twitter notifications turned on.

Meetings at work cancelled.

Let's get it on :wahoo:

Comments

• I'm delighted by Haller & Ajeti (fingers crossed) signings. Haller does the Sulky One's job; Ajeti looks like a fox in the box like Little Pea. My main worry is that Zaha will leave Palace and they'll buy Antonio. On those grounds, I declare Zaha to be total rubbish and not worth buying :whistle:
  • edited August 2019
    As it stands Ajeti looks like being the only business of the day.

However, anything can happen, and if Zaha goes, could we see a bid from Palace for Antonio? Given they'll be keen to get a replacement, what price do we put on his head? And if he goes, do we replace him in this window?

Ex stated in the West Ham Way radio show last night that we were looking for a young, home-grown midfielder to replace Cullen. Four names are being considered, apparently, so will we see any movement on that front?

Exciting times*, my friends

*for some
  • Avi updated.

Ex's Twitter notifications turned on.

Meetings at work cancelled.

Let's get it on :wahoo:

:lol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
  • edited August 2019
    Palace rejected Everton's offer of £70m plus James McCarthy for Zaha even though McCarthy had travelled to London on Tuesday for a medical.

Yesterday after his agents had failed to sort things out with Palace Zaha put in a transfer request. Palace say they won't take anything less than £100m.

I predict a "Payet", I predict a "Payet"
  • This is going to be amazing to watch. Pass me the popcorn.
  • edited August 2019

• Scott Carson apparently about to be loaned to Man City for a year to be their third choice

He would have been far better for us as a second choice option rather than Roberto IMO
  • edited August 2019
    So just the striker in for us. Would have been nice to get that dm in to nicely round off the window.

Certainly looking as though today will be one of the busiest deadline days in a long time. Deals on the table for most pl clubs by the sound of it.
  • Hope they get on with it, I need to finalise my FF team...
  • Antonio leaving would destroy all the good work. I would be outraged, unless we got Zaha in the deal. Would be best window ever.
  • It looks like being busy (if not for us), but Don't leave work or Don't start your tea don't have quite the same ring as Don't go to bed
  • So they get 100 million for Zaha and suddenly we can ask 80 million for Antonio. Love it
  • I can see the headline now IBL

"Watford fans outraged as Palace swoop for Antonio" ;)
  • Lets get Drinkwater and round off a good window.
  • Didn't know a thread had been started since I'm just refreshing this one for deadline day rip
  • edited August 2019
    So, now that Ajeti is confirmed, do we think we'll see any more signings?

I'm going with no.

C&H have said categorically that we won't be singing Ascacibar, so it's looking like Rice and Sanchez as our DM options until Janury at least.

Please stay fit Deccers :pray:
  • I think we could do with a CM. Noble has had no real pre-season. Sanchez I think we all are unconvinced by. Wilshere if he stays fit & adjusts to the role will be good there but it is asking a lot of Rice. Often your second season is much harder & if he struggles at any point we may be in trouble. Although it may be the view let’s get through until Jan.
  • Lukerz :ok: Someone who can cover Rice, or play alongside him in games where we're likely to get overran in midfield.

Sanchez is, on paper, the kind of player we need, but he just isn't good enough.

Ex seems hard over that we're unlikely to see anyone else come in, unless a deal presents itself at some point today.
  • Seems pretty clear to me at least that Pellegrini hasn't made CM a priority

Given almost every fan feels we need over for Rice, given rumours and preseason it doesn't seem like Pellegrini agrees
  • I'm not expecting people to agree with me on this, but I'm going to say it anyway because I'm a big brave boy and I don't need your approval.

James McCarthy for £3m is really good business for Palace and I think he would have been a very good backup DM to Rice. I don't like him, and I don't think he's #TheAnswer to most questions, but if the question is "name a cheap defensive midfielder that is better than Carlos Sanchez" he definitely is.
  • Seems pretty clear to me at least that Pellegrini hasn't made CM a priority

Given almost every fan feels we need over for Rice, given rumours and preseason it doesn't seem like Pellegrini agrees

Which I find odd, given how often our midfield gets walked through.

I get he wants us to have much more of the ball than we're used to, which in itself will mean the oppostion can't get through us so easily, but I would still feel a lot more comfortable having another DM option.

• Losing Obiang and not replacing him and then sending Cullen on loan leaves us short in that area.

Might be something that will need to happen in January.
  • He'll certainly help them when they are in the championship next season.
  • Overall I am pleased with the transfer window we have replaced Arnie added extra flair going forward added an extra CB replaced Adrian with two goal keepers. With Lanzini Yarmalenko Wilshire and Reid all fit the team overall has improved. I think CM need looking at but hopefully with our better quality we will keep the ball a lot better this year and the average age of the squad has come down nicely so hopefully a bit more legs in the team this year to help prevent us getting overrun.

I like the direction Pellegrini is taking the team and am looking forward to the season :wahoo:
  • Re: DM

It is clear that Pelle has no interest in buying a first choice player to sit next to Rice.

His preference, if pre-season is anything to go by, is for Wilshere to play in there with him, with Marky Mark as back up.

Sanchez certainly doesn't fill anyone with confidence, should Rice get pranged, but with one year left on his contract, maybe the odds of us moving him on weren't good.

There's always the possibility Cardoso could be an emergency DM - Rice made the change up fairly easily.
  • replaced Adrian with two goal keepers.

As a result, we don't have a reliable back-up keeper anymore. I'd rather we've gone for quality over quantity.
  • I think I just saw Gareth Bale going into sports shop in Tring!
  • replaced Adrian with two goal keepers.

As a result, we don't have a reliable back-up keeper anymore. I'd rather we've gone for quality over quantity.
    I think people are writing the keeper off a bit early after a few preseason games when he is coming into a new team . He has plenty of experience and think we need to give him abit more time before deciding he is hopeless

• Diangana loan to West Brom looks done. I wouldn't mind if we sold little pea now that we have the Abominable Goalman.