The new manager hunt (was the Moyes thread) only 3 days to wait...

Comments

• So, imo, it is almost certainly Rafa because of the 'left no stone unturned' comment but as Grey says why not just shut up and announce it when done.
  • I'm not reading anything into this, but I've just seen Mick McCarthy eating a saveloy outside the chippy near Sullivan's house.
  • IronHerb said:

So, imo, it is almost certainly Rafa because of the 'left no stone unturned' comment but as Grey says why not just shut up and announce it when done.

Ex has tweeted "Si si", which suggests he believes it's Rafa.

But yeah, Sully just can't help himself, like Grey says. It's like a disease. I mean, he was literally in this position three years ago with Rafa and lost him at the last minute ;lol
  • I’ve just seen mick jagger does he mean the rolling stones
  • Reminds me of when you challenge a kid to keep quiet for a minute and they swear they can do it.

.... 10 seconds

... 20 seconds

'Is that a minute?'

NO! It's 20 seconds! Now you have to start again.

'OK, I can do it, I can, this time!'

.... 10 seconds

.... 20 seconds (fidgets)

.... 30 seconds (squirms)

... 40 sec 'Am I allowed to just say one th-'

NO! YOU JUST CAN'T KEEP QUIET FOR A SINGLE MINUTE! AAARGH!!!
  • So Sullivan probably looked at some fans forum and decided to bin Moyes ? If that's how he is going to run things its not wonder we end up in such a mess. I just hope Rafa thinks he owes us something after last time and joins up and Dave put his hand in his pocket to fund things

Well he does personally ask a WHU news/forum site to conduct polls on various matters......

And that ladies and gentlemen is a FACT
  • IronHerb said:

So Curbs it is. ;whistle

That’ll do for me
  • Anyone considered it could be Claudio Ranieri?
  • It is understood that Moyes was dissatisfied with the money available for summer signings.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/17/west-ham-approach-newcastle-rafael-benitez-manager

First time I've seen this angle mentioned. (Don't know how true it is... but is Benitez likely to have lower demands?)
  • It’s interesting to see what happens here, IF sully appointed Rafa and gave him the reputed £80m to spend on transfers he would have transformed the gloom around the club into ecstasy and in the process diverted away a lot of the continual jibes about the stadium and back towards what is going on on the pitch. I still don’t believe it will happen though - this is West Ham, it is always “almost”
  • Well can only be Rafa, Pellegrini or Wenger based on his comments today.
  • Wenger and his European record?? ;hmm
  • Mrs. Grey.

Maybe Sully doesn't trust Moyes with 80 million but does trust Rafa.
  • Lukerz said:

Well can only be Rafa, Pellegrini or Wenger based on his comments today.

It’s not going to be Wenger. Why would it be?
  • edited May 2018
    Rafa all the way IMO...
    With Pellegrini and Ranieri as outsiders, but always believe it'll be Rafa ;ok
  • Rafa all the way IMO...
    With Pellegrini and Ranieri as outsiders, but always believe it'll be Rafa ;ok

Have a nasty feeling it could be Ranieri.
  • Maybe it’s all part of his master plan don’t spend much save for 2 years then bung it Rafa lol
  • Luke
    I really think they are going to get their 1st choice in Rafa, so hope I'm right out of the mentioned ones...
  • I’ll be desperately disappointed if it’s Ranieri.
  • Its no one, we have heard this line many a time before, "we are so close"...etc.. then something happens last minute as usual.
  • It’s all a bluff.....”Si Si” reported by ExWHU

FC1FD40D-1C64-4BF8-BF98-7AE6DA46BC84

Welcome Davide Moyesini
  • So Sullivan probably looked at some fans forum and decided to bin Moyes ? If that's how he is going to run things its not wonder we end up in such a mess. I just hope Rafa thinks he owes us something after last time and joins up and Dave put his hand in his pocket to fund things

Well he does personally ask a WHU news/forum site to conduct polls on various matters......

And that ladies and gentlemen is a FACT
    Just to clear this up and for not mentioning a source, one of the joint editors at a very well known WHU site told me this a long time back.
  • edited May 2018
    Are we getting Guy Fawkes as our new manager? Mind, if it all goes wrong we can put him on the bonfire in November.
  • We are relegated next season then Yeold?
  • Sky reporting Newcastle are confident Benitez is staying.

Pellegrini?
  • I don’t think it will be Rafa because there’s little to suggest he’s even been spoken to
  • I'm thinking Pellegrini. I just cannot see why Benitez would leave Newcastle for us at the moment.
  • Steve McLaren
This discussion has been closed.