West Brom (H) 11/02 - 15.00 k/o

Comments

• Mrs G, it that were to be the case it would just confirm his lack of awareness.
  • edited February 2017
    Apparently, for the next game they are going to put Dicksy on the bench as a calming influence...
  • Ant's air shot... was Foster pulling him back? Foster's arms were right round Ant's neck when they were on the ground. A penalty?
    The Boy Ref did annoy me with his partiality. West Brom foul by habit, yet were given the benefit as if they were Man U.
    And Snoddy and others are annoying me with their diving, which is far too theatrical to be taken seriously.
    And Lanzini hasn't had enough worship for his goal. With his weaker foot, no less. I like watching him simply because he scores class goals.
    Overall, though, I'm not too annoyed. The lads did us proud, and Feg is getting better and better ;ok
  • The sort of goal that would've been allowed at the Emirates had it been Arsenal, but in most other grounds it is likely to be ruled out.
  • edited February 2017
    Good job they going for some Sun in Dubai.

It seems like the whole coaching team need a breather....

I didn't see the game but on MOTD it seemed like the ref was right on all decisions, was there a lot of stupid whistles etc during the game to annoy Slav?

Or was he just wrong and the ref right?
  • Thought the same about Antonio. Foster definitely seemed to be attempting a headlock.
  • I just want to punch Pullis in the face. ;biggrin
  • Although he did say some nice things about the stadium and atmosphere. ;hmm
  • edited February 2017
    I think it's time to recall Adrian personally.

He paid the price for an error when the team was really struggling. He's been a reliable keeper for us during his time here. Randolph has good saves in him but I just don't see him as a presence.
  • Not all decisions Vorse. Feg was fouled in the build up to their first. The penalty shout was 50-50 and the throw in in the lead up to the equaliser was taken some 10m closer to our penalty area than where the ball went out.
  • I just want to punch Pullis in the face. ;biggrin

I'm more than happy to hold your coat for you and ice your hand once you are done.
  • Vorselaar

Well, I'm not sure how anyone could say there wasn't a foul in the build up to their goal, there were a couple of half-way decent pen shouts, and I think they are reverse justifying their disallowing of the goal. Haven't seen the replay, but the throw-in leading up to their goal certainly looked to come off their player last.

Throughout the game it just felt like an accumulation of poor decisions going against us.

Pretty sure most Hammers watching would have felt the way Slav did.
  • I did.

I was chuffing livid ;angry
  • I'll hold Pulis' head.
  • ;ok

I wasn't sure the rule with the disallowed goal, as I understand Antonio was ruled offside but there was a WBA player level or behind him.

As the WBA guy was down "injured" is he not considered in the offside rule?
  • I dare say that every supporter in the country thinks that there team have been
    robbed and the Ref needs glasses as their team never foul the opposition.
    However I do think that the " Big Teams " Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd & City Etc
    generally always seem to get the decision going there way against lower opposition.
  • Vorse, the goal would have stood had Antonio, who was in an offside position but
  • edited February 2017
    Vorse, the goal would have stood had Antonio, who was in an offside position but not interfering, not interfered with Foster.
  • edited February 2017

As the WBA guy was down "injured" is he not considered in the offside rule?

No, he was 'playing' people onside ;ok
    That was part of the confusion - was the goal disallowed because the ref/lino hadn't noticed the WBA player lying on the ground playing everybody on, or was it disallowed because Antonio fouled the GK in the run up? Or for some other reason.

I don't think the officials actually knew what was going on. There was a lot of 'chat' before the ref signalled for no goal.
  • edited February 2017
    I don't think the injured player had relevance because he was further back than the goalie when the ball was kicked. Foster was ahead of him. Is that not right? So he wasn't playing Antonio onside because he was not officially part of play. Antonio was fherefore offside. And anyway he went and shoved Foster. So no real controversy there.
  • 'The Boy Ref' ;lol

He had a word with Foster after about 5 minutes for taking too much time. He had another chat with him in the second half, probably to discuss the price of fish, but still Foster wasted time. Foster is so good at time wasting because he is allowed to get away with it. ;angry
  • edited February 2017
    No Lukerz thats wrong. Two players between the last attacker and the goal line, whether lying face down or not. The keeper need not be one of the two.
  • edited February 2017
    The throw in was probably WBA's. Antonio, when he goes to intercept, looks to the heavens and then jogs back without appealing, suggesting that he knows he got a touch on it.

The biggest scandal was how far the throw in was taken away from where the ball actually went out! They'd never have won the corner had it been thrown from where it should have been.
  • edited February 2017

The biggest scandal was how far the throw in was taken away from where the ball actually went out! They'd never have won the corner had it been thrown from where it should have been.

I'm not disagreeing, but this is something that is never properly policed. Even on the very rare occasions a player is sent back along the line (when they're really taking the Michael), the actual throw-in is still taken much further forward than where the ball went out. Only way to prevent it is to have a lino run the line the full length of the pitch and spray where the ball goes out, and the thrown in has to be behind that line; will never happen.
  • I mentioned this before, but since he's known that the opportunity is there, and that the responsibility to contribute too, will more likely fall on him, Feghouli's curve has been trending upwards. It seems -27 is a positive number :-)
  • Just referring back to an earlier post which ended "support the team"

I am puzzled by a comment like this. As far as I can see each and every person who posts on this site does exactly that.

Furthermore as far as I know, this is a forum which by its nature provides a platform for users to give their views and opinions, provided they stay within site regulations.

A person's view should not be chastised or considered inferior just because it may be more critical than what another person may think.

Suggesting or insinuating that a negative view on the Board, manager, players, tactics or any other aspect of the club means a person is not "supporting the team" comes across as disrespectful IMO.

• edited February 2017
    Apologies if this has already been said, but on the disallowed goal, I think it was offside because Antonio was interfering with play by touching the keeper. It wasn't a foul by him, but you can't say he wasn't interfering with play if he's got his hands on the keeper.
  • I don't think it was disallowed for offside. Look at the linesman, he keeps his flag raised indicating a foul. For offside the flag is held straight out.
  • I saw it mentioned earlier that Foster had Antonio round the head in a headlock. That was the worst decision of the lot. Blatant penalty and red card.
This discussion has been closed.