New reactions plugin

Comments

• O no not the board of delusion......

It won't be a problem for you Alderz you have a lot more points than me.

#teacherspet
  • Welcome to the Badge Club.
  • alderz said:

At the end of the season whoever has the least points has to go support Spurs

I'll start packing my things now then......
  • Roll up roll up

get your badges

Receive one agree and earn ten points a pop

roll up roll up
  • As per suggestions, I've edited the 'Cheered me up' button to read 'Made me laugh' instead.

Still need to settle on if we need a 3rd reaction, and if so, what to call it.
  • How about 'You're 'avin a larf'
  • How about "you wanna fight about it"
  • I think we have to be careful not to introduce a potential negative element.

Would suggest we don't have a "your wrong / Disagree" type button.

If you don't agree with someone, you should have to make a point of writing why rather than just pushing a button.

That's my thoughts anyway.
  • Vorse

Absolutely.

It's always been a conscious decision not to include a negative reaction button.

I think splitting out the 'cheered me up' into 'Made me laugh' and something else is a sensible move.

In an earlier post, Slizzy had joked about having to be the one who went to support Spurs.

When it was just 'cheered me up' a reaction could have been taken more than one way.

The question is what should the other reaction be.

I wondered about 'Do I like that' as a tribute to Graham Taylor.
  • Grey ;ok

TBH not sure we need another reaction, sometimes no tinkering is needed.

But to help the discussion FB now has the following,

Agree / Love / Laugh / Shock / Sad / Angry

Maybe a Shock could be a good one???

Or keeping in house Fishslap??
  • Third button.

Much love and wine to the mod/admin
  • Or a lager ;wink
  • 3rd button 'Lukerz Like'

This is the button everybody strives for. The highest accolade of like. ;wink

;sofa
  • 3rd button 'Lukerz Like'

This is the button everybody strives for. The highest accolade of like. ;wink

;sofa

Grey are you sure we can't have a disagree option?
  • Vorse

It's not so much that I'm desperate to add another reaction, rather that the 'Cheered me up' had two possible meanings:

That made me laugh

That makes/would make me happy

Having changed CMU to That made me laugh, we now don't really have an option for That makes me happy.

For now, I might just go with Like, or possibly Luke.
  • ;whome not Luke
  • I thought you said no negative buttons. ;lol
  • Grey ;ok

Luke sounds good...
  • Grey - Glad it struck a chord. Thanks! Oh and 'Excellent News!' gets my vote.
  • Damnit I must read fully before commenting - 'Do I like that' is great too ;ok
  • I like this feature, as I can identify my target list from the above Made me laugh users on alderz' post.

Now where's the number for hitmenforyou? ;hmm
  • I had an idea for a third button.

MrsGrey just posted in the transfer speculation thread about Oxlade-Chamberlain being on Goals on Sunday. There was nothing in the thread to 'agree' with, and it wasn't a joke or anything, so neither button felt right.

Could a third option of (I'm open to suggestion for better wording) something like "Thanks for sharing that" work?
  • ;kanye

Just have a Kanye button. Solves everything.
  • Alderz - that was sort of my idea with 'great news' button - although I was mainly thinking for things that pleased you, 'west ham agree deal with messi', but maybe a 'thanks, yeah!' button would be better? Or both or neither or Kanye. IDK.
  • Think we might try the generic 'Awesome', which could cover a variety of scenarios.

I really don't want to get into button inflation - just address the ambiguity of the old CMU.
  • alderz said:

At the end of the season whoever has the least points has to go support Spurs

Can we make it per post? I don't have time to spam memes!
  • Have gone with 'Excellent' for now.
  • Yeold

I can't find a 'button' option for colour but you can do this:

copy these tags

text goes here

Put whatever text you want between the font tags, and change the color to your preference

Put whatever text you want between the font tags, and change the color to your preference