West Ham UNITED away to Boro - Sat 21st Jan - 3pm Kick off

Comments

• YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!
  • Yessss

Big 3 points

Bit lucky with the shot but good work from Calleri on the build up he's worked hard since he's come on Nevendon though he hasn't had loads of support
  • An away win.

Boom.
  • Happy Days. We played well and I'll take the bit of luck we have had in the second half.

Hope the Carroll and Noble injuries are minor ;pray
  • Into the top half of the table

Future looking rosey again

Hope the injuries to Noble and Carroll arent serious ;pray
  • P2 W2 F6 A1

Life without Payet ain't so bad...
  • ;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • Happy for Calleri. Well done boys deserved 3 points.
  • Great 3 points. 11 days rest now and 3 more wins for safety
  • edited January 2017
    Hard fought win- well done lads. Their Traore looks a decent player. Pity Andy couldn't get his hat trick but another great TEAM performance. Dimi who? ;scarf
  • Trois points sil vous plait.

Has he gone yet?
  • We made heavy weather of that.

What a relief. ;phew

Well done lads. ;clap ;scarf

Nice long rest, time for the knocks to clear up ;pray
  • Hogan not involved at all today so can only assume that he's coming in, which is a good move couple big chances missed today

but anyways great team performance nice to see the team show real backbone where they've come apart several times when under pressure this year

28 points and 10th, relegation seems a long way away now
  • Big win looking forward to the rest of the season some big home games and the pressure is off 5 wins in 7 games in the league that's like last seasons form
  • edited January 2017
    Well, my enjoyment of that 2nd half was in inverse proportion to that of the first.

Was really worried those misses were going to come back and bite us.

Good way to go into the break.
    Hopefully AC's groin is nothing serious.

I think he has a general issue with it which he manages.

COYI ;scarf
  • MrsGrey said:

Nice long rest, time for the knocks to clear up ;pray

Time to sign a striker and a winger, too ;ok
  • edited January 2017
    Great win. Calleri is hopeless. That Traore fella is good
  • Having a little celebration dance around the kitchen.

;wahoo ;handbag ;wahoo

;redwine
  • edited January 2017

Time to sign a striker and a winger, too ;ok

How about a cheeky £5m bid for Traore from the Davids to see if his head turns and wants to hand in a transfer request?
  • Delighted.
    We're now in the top half of the table & I reckon we can say there.The team spirit seems to be good & I'm so pleased for Slaven. I'll admit that before Christmas I was starting to have my doubts but I always wanted him to succeed & glad there was no knee jerk reaction from the board. Pleased for Calleri as well. COYI!!!
  • Great result. That plus the Palace match were exactly what we needed. Back in the top half! Top effort levels by the boys!

Incredibly nervy 2nd half though. Looked a little rudderless without Carroll and especially Nobes. I'm still not entirely sure what Billic sees in Calleri over Fletcher, although happy for him to get his goal (though the keeper had it without the deflection). Also personally I would have taken Lanzini off over Feg, I felt his pace was causing problems on the break and Lanzini down the left was giving Cress little cover. For me it was the right move to bring on Collins who I felt was unlucky not to start; we were under heavy fire and 5;3;2 worked well defensively.

Overall though commendations to all the players! Praying that Carroll and Noble's knocks are minor...
  • Great result and a strong defensive performance...
    So nice for Slav & the squad , and it's such a nice thing seeing that we r in the top half of the table, 1st time since August & is that 5 wins out of 7 now ;scarf
  • Great win. Up to 10th now. Well done Slav ;bowdown
  • Enjoyable game for many reasons, Antonio could have had a couple, Lanzini should have scored when put through and we had a nailed on penalty denied.

On the flip side we rode our luck a couple of times as well with some nervy moments at the back, that Traore fella is simply lightning.

Great result and overall team performance, AC was everywhere again today, not convinced with Calamari, he did well enough, held the ball and put in some effort but imo, lacked any convincing touches, he will be credited with the goal but frankly it was a pretty poor effort.

Onwards and upwards, comfortably mid table and a two week break which will hopefully help our injury list.

COYI
  • Another win and another 3 points. 5 wins in 7 games. Up to 10th.

It's just shows what happens if you just keep the faith.

• Hamstew said:

Great win. Calleri is hopeless. That Traore fella is good

Hamstew,

IMHO - True, False, True.

Strikers thrive on confidence. Calleri may well leave this window but at least he managed to score for us, he hasn't had much of a run in the team and has actually scored more for us than a certain Italian international we recently released. Some people had no time for Feghouli or Obiang look how they have turned out. Any players of quality leave South America and go to China or Europe so the level of football there has dropped and it is easier to look better than you may actually be. Good luck to him if he goes this month, he will probably do someone a good turn given a chance.

;ok
  • ;wahoo

Great effort, great result, great noise. Should have been easier with those two chances at the start of the second half. One or two scares, to be expected away from home, but generally comfortable. Reid and Pedro were once again excellent. Noble and Lanzini did well too. Traore is the quickest I've seen on a football pitch. AC, nuff said.
    It's going to be a happy drive home. ;wahoo
This discussion has been closed.