Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• For me, getting it right every now and again shouldn't give people a pass for getting it wrong an awful lot.

Getting it "wrong" also doesn't prove that they didn't get the info or that it wasn't correct at some point. Things change or information gets muddied during transmission. The clubs, players and agents are almost certainly involved in this ITK stuff, I don't think it's just loads of people trying to take fans for a ride.
  • OCS

Yes, twice.

Sweepy - going by what was said, it makes it around 2 and 1/2 months rather than 4.
  • Let's hope it works. It was a deliberation after all as to whether they should operate or not. We've seen plenty of times when people don't operate and realise that it hasn't healed correctly and subsequently they need to operate. Could put him out for 6.5 months if that happened.

Good luck Ayew.
  • Have we signed yet another sick note in sofiane feghouli ..?

my son said he was always injured at Valencia he has a history of being out with the slightest knock , I hope he isn't yet another in out player .
  • Have we signed yet another sick note in sofiane feghouli ..?

my son said he was always injured at Valencia he has a history of being out with the slightest knock , I hope he isn't yet another in out player .

According to this http://www.transfermarkt.gr/sofiane-feghouli/verletzungen/spieler/57162

During his time at Valencia

10/11 season - 1 injury: missed just over 2 weeks with a muscle injury.

11/12 - no injuries/games missed
    12/13 - no injuries/games missed

13/14 - 1 injury: out for a week with a calf injury. (and 5 days with a tooth problem, but that's a general health issue, not an injury, so I won't count it).

14/15 - 1 injury: a muscle tear that happened in the summer so he didn't miss any games (+ 5 days out with flu)

15/16 - 3 injuries (although it's not clear if the most severe leg injury that kept him out for almost 2 months was a recurrence of the one before, and so shouldn't be counted separately.

Don't know how reliable that site is. Or your son, for that matter ;biggrin
  • MrsGrey ;ok My son has said that last season at Valencia the word was his attitude wasn't good and it was also said Gary Neville wasn't happy with his general attitude
    and he didn't think their was much wrong with him .

my son follows Spanish football and is always on all the football sites and is a big Neville fan , he told me when we signed him he is a very good player but questioned his mental strength for the premier league and told me he has a history of falling out with managers ...
  • Time will tell , but I wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped out next season for a low fee if this injury in outs continue .
  • Any word on Payet by the way no mention on the site about his return ??
  • Expected in the squad tomorrow ;ok

Along with the Lettuce
  • Players get injured it’s an occupational hazard , just seems all ours are attacking players all the time its about time we hade a good run of luck imo.
  • Romaine10 said:

Expected in the squad tomorrow ;ok

Along with the Lettuce

;wahoo
  • Put them on the bench, don't rush it.

• Nordtveit out for Sunday, according to Slav this morning.
  • Only one of Lanzini/Payet 'may' make the bench Sunday.
  • Is that Real Madrid's bench Luke?
  • Suze ain't gonna be happy with you two...
  • 5 days and counting

;wahoo
  • 5 days and counting

;wahoo

WG3JXSL7KECC_1

It's close...
  • ;lol ;lol ;lol
  • OOoo a teaser ;wahoo
  • Best time of the season this, forget games, results and possible wins.

;wahoo
  • edited September 2016
    [Ayew] ...is a player that is never usually injured, but he is progressing very well and we hope he might be back sometime in October or early November, a lot earlier than was initially anticipated.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/September/1-September/From-the-Boardroom-David-Sullivan#UU9BErXwgB2i24ko.99
  • I read yesterday that Little Jack was on record as saying that a lot of the injuries we've had were caused by training too hard before the Chelsea game. Not sure that would have gone down too well with the management and coaching teams ;hmm
  • tenner says Ayew isn't back before December.
  • tenner says Ayew isn't back before December.

Tenner, Isn't he at Everton now ;hmm

Door please

;yercoat
  • Back in time to join the relegation scrap then...
  • I read yesterday that Little Jack was on record as saying that a lot of the injuries we've had were caused by training too hard before the Chelsea game. Not sure that would have gone down too well with the management and coaching teams ;hmm

He's a chip off the old block, isn't he.