Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

1383940414244»

Comments

• I will believe all good things with Manu, I wish him a speedy, and complete recovery, and much love and all the luck in the world. However, if I hear anything from the sun or the mirror, I may choose to ignore it and wait for something more reliable. Like my Auntie Jeanne reading tea leaves in the bottom of my cup.

I don’t drink tea, and my Auntie Jeanne has been dead nigh on 15 years.
  • Disdain and disgust is all it deserves.
  • Iron herb that's not the point. Success or not the surgeon would have known the severity when he operated on him not suddenly decide 2 weeks later that maybe it was worse than he thought. He's supposed to be the top man in his field.
    It may well be true that he will be out for 15 months but I don't recall anywhere that any timeline was given so maybe a complete season out was always the prognosis.
  • You're guessing. He may have said we will reassess in two weeks time when the trauma has subsided.
  • Having watched House and too much Grey's anatomy (GF made me...)

I believe it takes a while after surgery to see how the patient reacts so they know how long the recovery will be...
  • In this instance though Vorse (not questioning your knowledge of post-surgery rehabilitation!) the issue is being reported as the injury being worse than first thought ('cruciate plus') rather than them just firming up the length of the rehab period.

According to the OS it was successful and he'll spend 3 weeks in the hospital on rehab and then back to London to continue.

So presumably (if the latest stories are true), a further problem/complication was identified in this hospital-based recovery period?
  • IronHerb said:

Doesn't mean they don't get some things right though, does it?

A broken clock is right twice a day, doesn't mean I'd keep it handing on my wall.
  • Not unless it's in 24 hour mode, then it's only right once a day. ;whistle
  • At the end of the day, I obviously wish him well and a speedy and complete recovery, it appears clear however, that we cannot expect him to play for us any time soon, at least we have that information and can try to plan accordingly.

Ho hum
  • Lanzini quoted he’s out till early 2019 and the media have got it all wrong op went well and nothing to keep him out for the 15 months quoted
  • edited June 2018
    Good news ;ok
  • Wait...so the reports from the Sun and the Mirror were false

Thats more shocking then Gemrnay getting knocked out.....
  • So unbelievable really ;lol
  • Couldn’t care in the slightest how long it takes him to get back, as long as he gets back. My biggest fear is that he will still be the player we know he can be
  • Couldn’t care in the slightest how long it takes him to get back, as long as he gets back. My biggest fear is that he will still be the player we know he can be

He will or will he?
    Hope he will. Fear will he?