The 'Couldn't think where to put this' thread part 2 or 'does my comment merit a NEW THREAD?'

Comments

• Do you know what I’ve always been intrigued as to whether “Old Castle Swift” is actually “old”.

The picture above probably gives a bit of direction in terms of that particular question

All I now wonder is whether he is swift.

And whether he owns a castle

;hmm

;lol

I think those that I play football with would certainly argue the 'swift' bit.
  • No answer about the castle ;hmm
  • It’s clear who the journalist here is, not letting him avoid the castle story
  • How do people feel about club v country. I used to be fairly equal but now care little about england compared to west ham.
  • Sullivan boys are at the Fury fight. To the right of the main camera three rows back
  • Don't tell me, Tyson Fury is our new centre forward.
  • Dont be ridiculous, hes obviously our new DM ;wahoo ;wink
  • Baz, now you're just being silly. He's our new keeper ;biggrin
  • edited June 2018
    ;yercoat
  • Don't tell me, Tyson Fury is our new centre forward.

No, it's his brother Billy.
  • Spurs might have to play their home games at Wembley until the middle of September because the new stadium won't be ready.

• I will not have gossip on this forum
  • Isn't there a rule that a club can't have 2 home grounds in a season? So if they play any home games at Wembley, they'll have to stay there for the whole season.

• Or play the 1st 5 games away from
    Home?. Sounds like us a bit last season with the athletics but not as long...
  • MrsGrey said:

Isn't there a rule that a club can't have 2 home grounds in a season? So if they play any home games at Wembley, they'll have to stay there for the whole season.

According to the Standard they have to get permission from the Premier League to play at two different "homes" in one season. The FA have given them 48 hours to decide if they want to play at Wembley in August.
  • I didn't know that Brazil's yellow shirts were only adopted in 1953, before that they wore white shirts with blue collar and cuffs but they changed them after they lost the 1950 World Cup final at home to Uruguay.

Columbia only settled on yellow shirts in 1985, from 1971 until 1985 they wore orange, from 1957 until 1971 they wore dark blue but at various times before that they'd played in white, sky blue and brown.

Mexico have played in green with white shorts since the mid-50s but before that they had maroon shirts with black or navy shorts although the flirted with an all back outfit in 2015.

The things you learn while you're waiting for the spin cycle to end......
  • MrsGrey said:

Isn't there a rule that a club can't have 2 home grounds in a season? So if they play any home games at Wembley, they'll have to stay there for the whole season.

I think that correct, I had read somewhere that they were hoping arrange the first few games of the new season as away matches because of that rule ;ok
  • edited June 2018
    It is correct. The rule is that wherever a club plays their first home game that has to be their home ground for the entire season. Spurs are hoping the rule gets changed at the next PL meeting.
  • Aslef, can I recommend a book "Nearly Reach The Sky" by Brian Williams while the spin cycle is on, although, at a guess, you've probably read it. ;ok
  • edited June 2018
    I'm currently reading Trevor Brooking's "My life in football" while "sitting and contemplating" on the porcelain throne, if I haven't already recommended it I can say it is possibly the best West Ham book I've ever read. His insight into West Ham and football in general is truly unique.

I can also recommend "West Ham United: the managers" by Tony McDonald and "Bring me the head of Trevor Brooking" by Kirk Blows and Ben Sharratt.
  • Congrats Jack Collison
    Screenshot_2018-06-13-07-08-46
  • edited June 2018
    See, even Southend looks good when the sun shines. ;biggrin
  • I wasn't aware of this, but it is truly shocking.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/jack-collison-interview-the-story-of-one-footballers-broken-premier-league-dreams-a6725626.html

I had a great run in the team under Zola, but just three days after scoring a winner against Manchester City in March 2009 my footballing world fell apart. On a cold, wet night at Wigan I tried to bring the ball down on my chest and I felt my knee go as I tried to run in the opposite direction. I knew it was a bad one straight away, I gripped on to the grass trying to stop the intense pain shooting through my leg but nothing would work.

I couldn’t quite believe what had just happened. I was disappointed the next day when I found out the club doctor was content for me to fly to Spain on a team trip rather than to get my knee sorted. This was one of the first times I realised there was more that went on behind the scenes. People were in it for themselves, and over the next year I felt how little regard there was for me as a young professional. I considered I had been put at risk by this doctor to avoid him having a long-term injury on his hands. How disappointing was that?

;nonono
  • What is happening at the Cricket? England are not only mauling the Aussie bowlers, they are sending the remains into outer space! Second fastest 300 and then another 100 in under 10 overs to reach 400 with 7 overs to go.
  • England have collapsed to 459-5 after 47.3 overs. ;nonono
  • That's just typical of English Cricket! ;lol
  • Young guy who drinks in my pub telling me last night is dad who died on the golf course 18th hole of heart attack was the ex derby player Justin Phillips he played 3 first team games before injury ended his career, the reason I say this is his son who’s 21 was saying the centre forwards he marked where lee chapman for Leeds, Tony cottee Everton; and Alan Shearer Southampton not a bad trio
  • The cricket is crazy, Australia are 178-5 after 25 overs, and still need over 300 more ;lol.

Used to be that 300 was a pretty decent total in an ODI
This discussion has been closed.