Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• Need to offload him whenever we can

Simple as

Useless having a player who goes weeks at a time injured
  • So we're going into our second league game of the season with Calleri and Fletcher as our striker options.

Yikes.
  • edited August 2016
    ;weep this is bad really bad only good thing is transfer window still open .could have happend in a couple of weeks .
  • Such a shame for AC. I am rarely disappointed when he plays for West Ham as he is such a handful for the opposition. Unfortunately he seems so cursed and we just cannot rely on him. Let's hope Calleri can do a job for a while.
  • Rumour going round on other forums that Andy has done his knee and is likely out for a few months.

Cheers for the info Luke. Terrible news however I appreciate the research you do for the benefit of us on here.
  • Andy Carroll

Newcastle and Liverpool 2006/12

01/06/08 – 20/10/08 (141 days 10 games)
    10/01/09 – 17/01/09 (7 days 3 games)
    02/01/11 – 06/03/11 (63 days 13 games)
    09/05/11 – 12/05/11 (3 days 1 game)
    22/05/11 – 08/06/11 (17 days 1 game)

West Ham (loan) 2012/13

01/09/12 – 30/09/12 (29 days 4 games)
    28/11/12 – 16/01/13 (49 days 10 games)

West Ham 2013/present

20/05/13 – 01/09/13 (104 days 4 games)
    09/09/13 – 11/01/14 (124 days 23 games)
    24/07/14 - 03/11/14 (102 days 11 games)
    12/02/15 - 14/09/15 (214 days 25 games)
    12/01/16 – 03/02/16 (22 days 5 games)

So before he joined us on loan he'd missed 231 days and 28 games in four seasons
    Av 58 days 7 games per season

During his season on loan here he missed 78 days and 14 games

In the three seasons since we bought him he's missed 566 days and 68 games
    Av 187 days and 23 games per season

Simple as

Who's going to buy him? We can't even sell Sakho and Valencia when they both want to leave!!!!!!!
  • So anyone got any firm news on Kouyate?

Simple as

Better shift Lanzini then. ;ok
  • Rumour going round on other forums ...

Oh, goody. Let's all put on tinfoil hats and panic.

Calm down, will you? There have been so many rumors flying around over the past weeks and not many have proved to be right. We'd have signed Bacca, lost Payet, lost Cresswell for at least half a year and how was Kouyate on the bench last Thursday? I though he was injured. Until we are given a statement by the club there is no proof whatsoever and there is no need to panic.
  • Munich

I agree with you.

In this instance, there does seem to be some truth in this rumour (at least, Sky seem to be repeating it), but there was nothing in the pre-season rumour regarding Carrol being out for months.

Given how very often rumours turn out to be false, I think there is nothing wrong with a healthy scepticism towards them.
  • The FF is now also showing AC injured...
  • West ham #1 on physio room with injuries even without Carroll included
  • edited August 2016
    Just realized its my fault.... Ayew, Carroll and Fegouli all had a poke around my FF team ;weep (I've decided not to pick Payet so calm down everyone)

• they just said on commentary that Carroll just tweeted saying he was devastated by the injury but was still the 15-20 goals man (over his West Ham career?)
  • bazWHUusa said:

Just realized its my fault.... Ayew, Carroll and Fegouli all had a poke around my FF team ;weep (I've decided not to pick Payet so calm down everyone)

Exactly the same for me.
  • Valencia injured now
  • sweepy23 said:

Rumour going round on other forums that Andy has done his knee and is likely out for a few months.

Cheers for the info Luke. Terrible news however I appreciate the research you do for the benefit of us on here.
    Believe me he ain't the only one

;cool
  • Rumour going round on other forums ...

Oh, goody. Let's all put on tinfoil hats and panic.

Calm down, will you? There have been so many rumors flying around over the past weeks and not many have proved to be right. We'd have signed Bacca, lost Payet, lost Cresswell for at least half a year and how was Kouyate on the bench last Thursday? I though he was injured. Until we are given a statement by the club there is no proof whatsoever and there is no need to panic.
    Actually pal, Luke has been proved right.

Admittedly there is a lot of rubbish written out there but the sources that Luke looks at are more often right than wrong.

Kouyate was injured before the EL game that's why he didn't start, the reason he was NAMED on the bench was to purely make up numbers, it's questionable that he had the kit on and he didn't warm up at all. They didn't risk him as it was only a minor thigh injury and he's responded to treatment hence he's played today.

Why don't you just skip by the info if you don't like it or rate it? It's that simple.

Payet out and Carroll out as previously mentioned from similar sources.

;ok
  • Munich

I agree with you.

In this instance, there does seem to be some truth in this rumour (at least, Sky seem to be repeating it), but there was nothing in the pre-season rumour regarding Carrol being out for months.

Given how very often rumours turn out to be false, I think there is nothing wrong with a healthy scepticism towards them.

Well he isn't out there G man, I'd say he's injured and it looks like 6-8 weeks
  • Pengeman - the Express names thewesthamway.com as the source, exWHUemployee wrote the original article and is the only one saying this.

I guess we'll find out if exWHU is an ITK or not

And yes he was correct, he may not be 100% and things do change after he's shared the information but IMO he's about the nearest you'll get.

At least you have your answer
  • Slizzy

Not really sure what your point is there. I can only think you didn't really read my posts.

I'd already said, more than once, that it looked like this one had legs.

My point was that just because this rumour turned out to be true (though weeks rather than months, apparently) doesn't mean that we should stop treating rumours with healthy scepticism.
  • edited August 2016
    Must admit I originally read your "Does" as "doesn't" my bad ;doh

I just get a little bit pipped when people dismiss all information, yes there are mainly some absolute whoppers (liars) out there but some deserve more credit than they get IMO

;ok
  • For me, getting it right every now and again shouldn't give people a pass for getting it wrong an awful lot.
  • He gets it right nearly all the time from what I've seen at should get the correct credit for that.

;ok
  • Slizzy

You are clearly referring to just one guy: I'm talking about all of them.
  • Too many out there to worry about all of them, but yes I only focus on one
  • From the OS:
    Andre Ayew suffered a rare but very serious thigh injury at Chelsea, which will take time to recover from. Andre will not have surgery and we have started the rehab straight away, working two times a day.
    Typical West Ham luck that we should pick up a rare injury. Didn't Carroll get a ballerina's injury? ;hmm
  • Does the no surgery reduced the healing time?
  • sweepy23 said:

Does the no surgery reduced the healing time?

Good point!