Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• He was on the bench v Astra.
  • Rumour going round on other forums that Andy has done his knee and is likely out for a few months.
  • edited August 2016
    Just laughing at an unsubstantiated rumour, and that even if he has taken a knock it would have been at the earliest on Friday afternoon after they arrived back in the UK at 5am on Friday morning ... and even if it was an injury in training on Friday afternoon (did they have training in Friday afternoon?) or this morning, they won't have had the medical report back yet so no-one will know how long he 'might' be out for.

Unless he fell down the aeroplane steps.

Oh, for an EasyJet 'walk across the tarmac'.
  • edited August 2016
    Mrs Grey, I've been told that there is apparently footage on Youtube of him tumbling down the aeroplane steps. I can't provide a link but the source is normally reliable. He told a passing journalist as he was being stretchered off the tarmac "I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with Aaron and getting to know Andre over the next four months. I've done my knee".
  • Did it when he pulled the tray down from the seat in front, budget airlines!
  • I say he's injured, for now
  • edited August 2016
    Lukerz

Could you find time to make a list of the sites and users who spread these rumours, and perhaps downgrade them if they turn out to be a bit 'Bacca being unveiled at the kit launch'?
  • Rumour going round on other forums that Andy has done his knee and is likely out for a few months.

Luke appears to be correct about Carroll injury

ExWHU has it in his column

Well they've surely got to look for another established forward now
  • Rumours on Twitter that AC is injured.
  • Yep, we have a big problem now
  • Yes was just reading that about Carroll. Out for a long time apparently. What is going on?
  • Until David gold or anyone confirms it I won't believe it ;pray
  • He's out.

My mate is quite close to the club and they fear he's tweaked his knee ligaments. Not sure on timescale as not had scan yet but looking at least 6 weeks. Def out today.
  • What is going on?
    Even by our standard this is getting worse by the day.
    If true, and Kouyate as well, our training sessions need to be looked at...
    Our only hope is the transfer window is still open
  • Here is the link saying that Andy Carroll is injured and facing a lengthy lay-off

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/702326/Andy-Carroll-West-Ham-Injury-Premier-League-Slaven-Bilic-Gossip-Rumours-Wilfried-Bony-News

Why us? Is it the training surface, training regime, medical staff, bad luck, fragile players, ear wax, hot flushes, hot curries, heavy footballs, big shoe sizes or something else?
  • The Express says Carroll is injured quoting thewesthamway.com as the source then quotes the Daily Mail that we're after Zaza and an unattributed rumour we're after Bony.

Sadly that is how journalism works these days, some hack goes online, does a bit of Googling, checks Twitter, regurgitates what they find then adds something they could have made up.
  • Pengeman - the Express names thewesthamway.com as the source, exWHUemployee wrote the original article and is the only one saying this.

I guess we'll find out if exWHU is an ITK or not
  • This injury situation really is becoming a nightmare. If AC is out for a significant time he and West Ham have got to be the most injury cursed club........Well after Hull......and perhaps Arsenal
  • should've sold him to Palace......
  • don't worry he will be back in Feb get 5 goals and repeat for next season XD
  • MrsGrey said:

Just laughing at an unsubstantiated rumour, and that even if he has taken a knock it would have been at the earliest on Friday afternoon after they arrived back in the UK at 5am on Friday morning ... and even if it was an injury in training on Friday afternoon (did they have training in Friday afternoon?) or this morning, they won't have had the medical report back yet so no-one will know how long he 'might' be out for.

Unless he fell down the aeroplane steps.

Oh, for an EasyJet 'walk across the tarmac'.

It could have been in the game Mrs G.
  • If the AC rumours are true, then thats it for me. Love him when he plays, but I'm fed up with hearing about 'he's unplayable on his day' etc.
    The fact is, there are too few days.
    When the Palace rumours were on here the other week, people were rushing to his defence - but he's done it season after season.
    A prime example of hope over experience on our part.

Sorry - just very Grumpy about our Forwards situation, when so much had been promised. ;angry
  • I suppose so, Herb.

I'm gonna wait for confirmation from an official source (or little Jack ;doh ).

I can't be believing every rumour on the internet - I'd never get anything else done ;nonono
  • I'm waiting for the scan results.
  • We should never have bought Carroll. Some people will still dispute that. He is injury prone. People will still dispute that.

However Bilic should never have brought him on, on a terrible pitch. The guy is a walking time bomb. Gutted.

Sakho had better get fit quick as we have very little now up top.