Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• Any news about Byrams injury?
  • Ayew not far behind Cresswell. Outside chance of Sunderland game perhaps.
  • Ayew not far behind Cresswell. Outside chance of Sunderland game perhaps.

now that would cheer me up no end
    ;pray
  • Seeing rumours that Tore is now out for 5 weeks.
  • edited October 2016
    I take that as a positive
  • Any news about Byrams injury?

Looks like he's had an op.

• While Tore hasn't done very well since he joined (neither have plenty) I don't see an injury to any of our players to be a positive at all.
  • Of course I agree that no one getting injured is a positive and I wouldn't want it to happen.

However if it means that Bilic doesn't try/start Tore 2 out of the next 5 games like he probably has done then I see that as a positive.

We haven't clicked yet and I want us to find our best team and fast. For me Tore doesn't play any part of that.
  • Hopefully someone will tell Slav to ease him back in very gently once fit, a few jogs up and down the touch line in the 88th minute for a few months just to be on the safe side, those injuries such as Tore's can be difficult.
  • Slav in the Standard
    Of our other players who are coming back from injury, Andy Carroll, Diafra Sakho and Andre Ayew are all getting closer.

We have four Premier League games plus a League Cup tie before the next international break and if they are not training with us now — and none of them are — it is hard to see them coming back in the next month
  • So another month of Zaza and Calleri. Yikes.

Really hope Fletcher gets a run out soon.
  • So Cressie trains for 2 weeks and is back but the strikers need 4 weeks training with the squad. ;hmm
  • Different injuries different recovery programs?
  • But they don't train with the squad until they are 'fully' fit to do so, then it's conditioning etc.
  • The don't train with the squad until they are injury free. That's not the same thing as being fully fit.
  • Agree. Fully fit to train with the squad is what I said.
  • ;ok I misunderstood your comment.

So they are ready to start their 'pre-season'.

Which, depending on their residual fitness, and what their programme was during injury, will vary from player to player.

Plus, Cressie is part bionic man, so always needs less training than normal human beings. ;whistle
  • Can someone remind me, what exactly was the injury to Sakho? I think something was said about his back, but wasn't that just a smokescreen of sorts to cover up the sulks/bust up? How on earth can he still be so far away from fit?
  • edited October 2016
    He's had a back problem since the Senegalese witch doctor did him up a kipper.

They said that it could be with him all his career, he's been on medication for a long while.

He didn't do a pre-season, at all. He didn't travel (rumour he refused).

He threw his toys at the end of last season (AFC game - Sub) and had to apologise.

When he went for his WBA medical he was neither remotely fit and they probably didn't fancy his back issue either.

So as of the end of august he was probably 2 months behind everyone else.

I still don't think Slav will play him. Unless he has absolutely nobody else.
  • So, as I said, the back was basically just a smokescreen, how can he be so far behind everyone else? Even if he did no pre-season, our season started at the end of July, so he's had 2 and a half months already and he's still a month away? Something very not right there, I can only hope he's not been on full wages all that time.
  • Sakho's on strike.

Injury is a cover up.
  • No, he has definitely had an injury. It was mentioned in one of the injury updates last month.

Of course it is possible that the club's flat-out lying, and pressure was put on the Head of Medicine to put his name to a false report. (One for the conspiracy theorists out there ;wink )

• edited October 2016
    Luke. The 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. (That he has an injury and that he's disgruntled.)
  • edited October 2016
    If that's the case it casts serious doubt yet again on our performance in the transfer market over the summer. Sakho on strike, Carroll injured, and we sign a 20 year old on a free, Calleri on loan and Zaza on a deal that means we might not be able to play him beyond next month as our only centre forward options without having to resort to players out of position (eg Antonio, Ayew).
  • He's had an Injury.....

But that's not the reason he won't be playing anytime soon
  • I agree with the other conspiracy theorists, what injury? The nature of this injury or how it was incurred are never mentioned unlike every other injured player in the OS injury reports.
  • I agree with the other conspiracy theorists, what injury? The nature of this injury or how it was incurred are never mentioned unlike every other injured player in the OS injury reports.

Yeah, this was kinda what I was getting at, he was off the radar for so long, and now we're getting vague mentions of progress from the "Treatment Room" updates without really knowing what is supposed to have been the problem.
  • Maybe it's like Rav's Mysterious Groin?

(Remember when Ravel Morrison kept complaining of a groin injury, and not training. Even though the medical staff couldn't find anything actually wrong.)

;hmm