Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• Good luck Manu, all the very best for the challenges that lay ahead of you. ;hug
  • edited June 2018
    ;weep ;hug
  • Well that wasn’t part of the plan, ;weep

Let’s hope it is not as bad as that report makes it out to be, but it is clear that he will be out for quite a while
  • Baracks - Dyer had a lengthy injury history at Newcastle before he joined us
  • edited June 2018
    I think the devastating thing about this is that the injury is not even the fact we miss one of our better and most creative players for potentially a whole season, but that Manu May never return to playing top level football. He simply won’t be the same player, psychologically or physically. To top it all off he hasn’t even had the chance to compete in a World Cup. Terrible.

Wish him a full recovery (fingers crossed).
  • Hope it is not going to be another Dean Ashton scenario.
  • That’s awful if true and typical of West Ham’s luck when we get a gem.
  • I presume Argentina are liable.

I hope it’s not just a European thing
  • Welcome. Please work your magic ;pray
  • He has to be a magician to sort out our lot
  • We need someone who fixed the six million dollar man Steve Austin lol
  • Source HITC and Sam Inkersole

Screenshot_2018-06-10-19-14-23
  • What are the odds that the Argentinian FA go broke?
  • I am surprised they even pick Messi with those liabilities although I am sure it all comes down to insurance at the end of the day.
  • Our new Head of Medical will be going with Lanzini to a consultation with a top knee guy in Barcelona in a couple of days. Lanzini says he's going to be having surgery.

No indication yet on how bad the injury is and how long the rehab will take

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/june/11-june/lanzini-vows-come-back-best-possible-knee-injury
  • Manu has had his op.
  • Good let’s hope it’s successful and he’s on the mend
  • According to the OS it was successful and he'll spend 3 weeks in the hospital on rehab and then back to London to continue.
  • Sun & Mirror both reporting Lanzini out for the whole of next season (15 months).
  • How would they know?
  • Dunno why anyone even bothers with the sun

Mirror isnt much better
  • Sun says 'could be out', Mirror says 'will' miss 15 months. Neither say how they know but both say the club has been told it is worse than first thought.
  • How would they know?

The sun has a special hotline to the whole of the football world. And have done for years. That’s how they got the scoop and full real story on the Hillsborough tragedy.

Personally, I believe the rag to be scum, dreadful, and utterly despicable. But that’s my own view. I will never ever touch that chip wrapper until the day I die.
  • Doesn't mean they don't get some things right though, does it?
  • Why would the club suddenly be told it's worse than first thought when 2 weeks ago he was operated on by reputedly one of the world's leading knee doctors and our medical head was there and it was reported as a success.
    Surely the surgeon would have known how bad it was when he operated on him and his knee was open.
  • IronHerb said:

Doesn't mean they don't get some things right though, does it?

Don’t care. I would check the date on the front and still not believe a word they say.
  • Well it would be deemed a success because he will be able to walk again, doesn't mean he will be able to play football though.