Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• And elsewhere ;ok

http://www.goal.com/en-ae/news/lanzini-to-miss-world-cup-after-knee-ligament-injury/21dvczyjodjz158u35hot4qgs

.... based on the national teams tweet: 'Manuel Lanzini suffered, in today's morning training, the rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament of his right knee.'
  • Have to go all out for Mario now, surely.

Horrible news for Manu. Wish him all the best for a successful recovery.
  • He must be gutted...
    So am I ;angry
  • Poor lad. Fingers crossed he doesn't need surgery, if not he could be fit by the start of the season, if its really, really bad, Alan Devonshire bad, he could miss a whole season
  • edited June 2018
    I'm still clutching at the straws of hope that accurate diagnosis isn't usually possible until a few days after the injury has occurred and the swelling/bleeding has stopped.

So it may not be as bad as all that ;pray

And if it is, let's hope he's a quick healer ;puzzled

From physioroom: ACL reconstruction knee surgery has evolved beyond recognition since the first ACL repair in 1963. Development has continued since then and the latest surgical technique uses a strip of the patella tendon from the patient's knee as a graft to replace the ACL. In addition to advances in the surgical procedure, there have been advances in post-operative rehabilitation that have seen a return to sports activity, in most cases, in less than six months.
  • edited June 2018
    Aslef, I think (from what I've read about the injury) professional athletes nearly always need surgery on torn ligaments because the level of stability achieved by non-surgical rehab isn't good enough for playing sport at a high level.

On the up-side, as per that earlier quote, repair and rehab methods are so much better now.
  • At least 2 months of the time he is out is in the off season, as opposed to if he had got the injury in September where he could have missed practically the whole season
  • I heard that the injury didn’t happen today but last week and they’ve confirmed the diagnosis
  • Out till he Jan window when we are in the relegation spots so he can get out upon recovery.
  • edited June 2018
    sweepy, I was just going off this : 'Manuel Lanzini suffered, in today's [June 8] morning training, the rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament of his right knee.'

so you may be right.

straw of hope
  • I was wondering how long it would take to go negative on this news. Look on the bright side, we won’t be selling him.
  • I hope so Mrs G but I think this is post scan etc
  • And at least it happened now and not on the last day of the transfer window ;beer
  • As a club we are so so unlucky - once again we will start a season without a full quota of players to pick from. I'm gutted that it's one of our best players even more so.
    I was equally looking forward to seeing him in action in the WC. A real shame for the lad.
  • Typical only 3 players on international duty and of course one has to suffer a major injury....

• IMG_20180608_122439

Timing is everything ;doh
  • Let’s be honest though - he didn’t have the best of seasons last time round
  • ;angry so now we loose players in june ;angry
  • It's never ending isn't it. ;weep
  • It's a terrible thing to happen for Manu but at least from the club's perspective it gives them time to factor it in to their transfer dealings.
  • Definitely a shame. But I have felt we need another Lanzini type player anyway in the summer. Hopefully we buy someone as good, then when Lanzini is back, we’ll have both of them firing!
  • edited June 2018
    I mean really?

4B9B7A65-082E-441C-A209-03F95AD94F7C
  • Firstly poor poor lad.

But seriously. What a disaster. Was looking forward to seeing him link up with Messi.

If it’s this bad he may never play again. Jeez
  • Is that true

That is actually upsetting, not just because we lose such a quality player for such a long time.....but its heartbreaking for Manu, sounds like this could derail his career
  • West Ham players in their prime not coming back again or coming back the same after serious injury

jack collison
    Dean Ashton
    Richard Hall
    Kieron dyer

;hmm
  • Terrible news - so sorry for him and us - reminds me of Dean Ashton getting seriously injured whilst training with England. ;weep
  • It's C&H, though, so until I read anything on the OS I am expecting Manu back after the Winter break.
  • Here’s hoping