Latest Injury (and Recovery!) Mews

Comments

• Could worse
    We could have jack wilt
    I thought he was doing so well too
  • Bryam started off that way. Has he ever played more than a few games? His injury record is probably worse than AC’s.

He made 39 appearances with 36 starts out of a total of 49 games, missed three for a red card and three as an unused substitute, missing four due to injury/other

That was 2014/15, when he played for Leeds

The season we bought him he'd played 24 out of 29, started 17, been unused 3 and unavailable 2
  • So it's us that broke him!
  • Bryam started off that way. Has he ever played more than a few games? His injury record is probably worse than AC’s.

He made 39 appearances with 36 starts out of a total of 49 games, missed three for a red card and three as an unused substitute, missing four due to injury/other

That was 2014/15, when he played for Leeds

The season we bought him he'd played 24 out of 29, started 17, been unused 3 and unavailable 2
    I wasn't talking about Leeds. He got 4 games for us that season and has not added too many since then.
  • My point was that like AC he didn't have any major injury problems until be joined us

Byram was available from the start of the season until he got injured at the end of October but he was benched for Zab, he even turned out for the U23s a few times just to keep his fitness up.

Last season after the FA Cup 3rd round Byram wasn't available twice, once with a minor hamstring, the other he was suspended.

He's spent a lot of time on the bench but still managed 36 appearances with 22 starts
  • Antonio having an operation next week on his hamstring.

Lanzini probably not OK for the Chelsea game.

Chicharito is over the illness he had last week.

Collins will be back in full training next week.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/april/06-april/team-news-surgery-antonio-lanzini-doubt-and-chicharito-returns-0#WRldpReeIV3OTFZK.99
  • I thought AC was ready for Chelsea ???
  • I'm not sure Chelsea is ready for AC.
  • what happens when carroll is fit enough to be on the bench .that might give us Hugill,chicharito plus carroll there ,no way will we have all 3 on the bench so will that mean whoever is left out is gone at seasons end
  • steve said:

no way will we have all 3 on the bench

Correct. We won’t have all 3 on the bench, because I’m sure at least 1 will get injured, so we don’t get the choice of putting all 3 on the bench.
  • Carroll won't be back at all this season imo. If in the unlikely event he does, he will get injured in his first match back and will be out until the middle of next season.
  • steve said:

what happens when carroll is fit enough to be on the bench .that might give us Hugill,chicharito plus carroll there ,no way will we have all 3 on the bench so will that mean whoever is left out is gone at seasons end

Which TWO strikers are we going to play if all three of those are on the bench?
  • Any news on cress?
  • He's really grown since being moved to central defence ;run

cress
  • He's mustard.

;yercoat

• Weed be lost without him...
  • Hopefully the grass is greener....... ;run
  • You're just egging them on.
  • Nobody punned 'crestfallen' while I was away? People are slacking around here. It's like we got a point away at Chelsea or something ;wahoo
  • Boy's mustard.
  • Just looked at physio room and they have A/C down for just two days.
    I reckon that must be a mistake, more likely to be two months with
    his history.
  • Physioroom are basing it on Moyes' press conference in which he stated taht AC was in full training with the squad today, although he is not a shoe-in for Monday as he lacks match fitness.
  • I hope he doesn't start: Stoke defence usually have him in their pocket when he's fit...
  • AC on the bench as an option can only be a good thing. Fully match fit or not he always brings something to the party.
  • AC on the bench as an option can only be a good thing. Fully match fit or not he always brings something to the party.

Too true Wombat. But I`m not sure a Party 7 and a family bag of Twiglets is what we really need at the minute.
  • Lanzini our for 6 months after rupturing crucial ligament
  • Lanzini out injured, ligaments?
  • Was reported on SSN
  • No Lanzini and maybe no Arnie is a shocking start to the summer