Academy and Development Squad Develoments 2015/16

edited July 2015 in Men's First Team
I noticed that Leo Chambers has made has come-back from injury, playing for 45 mins for the Dev Squad on Sunday.
http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/July/27-July/West-Ham-U21-1-Bournemouth-U21-1

I wanted to put that news somewhere, and thought we could probably do with a new thread for the Academy and U21 news anyway.

So here we go ;ok

Comments

• New kid on the block.

A Hammers fan, no less ;scarf

Welcome, young man. coyi

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/July/27-July/Hammers-complete-Dobson-signing
  • I see Devante Cole is now trialling at Birmingham so we didn't take him on.
  • Welcome George ;hug

He is 17, and has had 10 good years at Arsenal ;nonono

I hope you do better with us. Funny old world this is.
  • Good find about Leo Chambers, Mrs G ;ok great to see him back. The club had kept quiet on him a long time, I assumed he had been released.

Welcome George ;scarf
  • edited July 2015
    Twist ;ok

It's long time to miss out on football at this stage of his development. Hope he can make up for lost time.
  • Dev Squad play tonight and the team has been announced.

Brown,
    Knoyle, Chambers, Burke, Hendrie
    Cullen, Poyet
    Samuelsen, Lanzini, Parfitt Williams
    Lee

Looks a strong team to me. Great to see Leo Chambers back too
  • There is one, twist. I started one a while back but it has slid off the front page.

I'll bump it ;ok
  • Twist, ;thumbsup great seeing Chambers back. Interesting to hear how cullen + Poyet do in the middle.
  • It's an afternoon KO.

WBA 1-0 up already.

Interesting to see Burke playing - I wondered what had happened to him. No reference to him having been injured. Maybe the new boss isn't too keen ;hmm
  • Elliot Lee just scored. How in a month of bloomping sundays does Maiga get in ahead of him..................... ;angry

There are a few playing today that should get in amongst the matchday squad this year. And yes, great to see Chambers playing again.
  • Think Burke should be loaned out Mrs Grey, we have 4 senior CB's now, so cannot see him even on the bench, I thought he was decent last season ;ok
  • Somehow the Dev Squad have lost a game they looked best in for large parts of the match.
    Looks like they understand the West Ham way... ;whistle
  • edited August 2015
    “Having said that, the performance today was the best I’ve seen in my fourteen months at the Club. I thought we were absolutely terrific.
    Terry Westley's been drinking the Brendan kool-aid.
  • Villa tonight.

Team:

Howes,
    Knoyle, Westley, Dobson, Hendrie
    Onariase, Cullen,
    Trialist, Samuelsen, Lanzini
    Lee
  • Lost 2-1 but sounded (read) like Lee, Lanzini, Samuelson, Cullen and Hendrie played fairly well.

Wonder if Lanzini got a run to get him bit of match sharpness ahead of some involvement against Liverpool?
  • An incredible (and quite depressing..) read:

Keiron Bywater's dad on how West Ham treated him. Also the academy manager giving his son a contract ;doh

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/starbucks-ceo-sent-remarkable-email-employees-yesterday-justin-bariso
  • ''The new Academy director had brought in his own son and given him a long contract. Standing in the crowd watching games and performances his son who was a couple years older than ours was glaringly below standard to all onlookers and mutterings of how he was offered a contract were rife.''

''The Academy director had called him into the office to find out who his agent was. My son didn’t have an agent at the time so The Academy director advised that he would get one for him and would then extend his contract for a further 2 yrs. It all seemed like a conflict of interest so I advised my son to be careful and to explore all options for an agent. i.e One whom he could trust and build a good relationship with that had no affiliations to the club. We found a really nice guy, who had worked for the PFA and been a Police officer during a short career break from the game. We felt he was the ideal trustworthy person our son needed in the game.''

The Academy director was unaware of this and again asked our son that he would get a further 2year contract and an agent. That was until he found out our son had appointed this different agent. Less than two weeks after appointing his agent (January 2015), The Academy director called our son into his office and told him that he wasn’t getting a new contract and was free to leave. Simple as that!

. The Academy director couldn't look my son in the face but assured him that he had wanted to keep him at the club but claimed Sam Allerdyce ( the manager at the time) was the only one at the club who had over ruled him despite coaching staff recommendations.

I suspect the only reason he was let go by the club was because he didn’t get the right agent. Very much like Ravel Morrison and the many other young players following in similar footsteps

Disgraceful really ;angry
  • edited August 2015
    Just read the entire article

That sounds pretty bad.

• Or could be entirely true that Sam didn't want him and that is why he was let go...think its fair to say that the club have let a number of youngsters who were 'highly rated by the academy staff' go under Sams tenure so is not too difficult to think that this was the case with Bywater too.

And the Rav story was (allegedly ) Sam wanting him to sign with the same agent he had rather than the Youth team coach offering to find him an agent so different kettle in my opinion

Think it's probably a some what bitter parent mythed about why his kid was let go when the managers 'less talented son' was kept on

Just my opinion of course
  • edited August 2015
    The agent piece seems to be key Rakis.

Or someone had the tape.
  • Personally I don't see a problem with the youth team manager saying to a youth team player who has no agent that he can find him an agent...seems with in the remit of his job.

The Rav story is different as he had an agent and was (allegedly) told to sign to Sams agents company - that I will concede isn't great and isn't really Sams place to advise on IMO
  • Dev Squad 2-0 down already against Arsenal.

The good times just keep on coming...
  • It ended 5-0. At least I don't think they can get relegated from this division.
  • Burke scored for Bradford.
  • Reece Burke: West Ham defender extends Bradford City loan

Defender Reece Burke's loan spell at Bradford City from Premier League side West Ham has been extended by a month.
    Burke, 19, has played every minute of the Bantams' five League One matches and not been on the losing side since he moved to Valley Parade in August.
    The last game of his original deal was Sunday's 2-2 draw against Sheffield United, but he will now remain with Bradford until 25 October.
    Burke played for England Under-20s for the first time earlier this month

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34317459

Seems he is doing well at the Bantams back line
This discussion has been closed.