January Transfer Deadline Day

Ok. Brace yourselves. It's here :wahoo:

According to some sources, we're in for a right back, a midfielder and a striker before the 11pm deadline.

Will we get them all? Will we get any? Will Randy and Soucek represent our only business?

Don your yellow ties, ignore your boss' repeated instruction to close the Sky Sports News tab and do what you're actually paid to do, and enjoy the ride...

Comments

• ( :wahoo: )
  • Transfers Inkooming
  • edited January 2020
    Some noise on Twitter that we've agreed a deal with Hull for Bowen. £22m (£14m + £8m worth of add ons) and a medical planned for lunchtime.

This seems to have originated from The Athletic Twitter page. Not sure who they are or how accurate they are, but in the spirit of the day, I believe them :wahoo:
  • Some noise on Twitter that we've agreed a deal with Hull for Bowen. £22m (£14m + £8m woth of add ons) and a medical planned for lunchtime.

This seems to have originated from The Athletic Twitter page. Not sure who they are or how accurate they are, but in the spirit of the day, I believe them :wahoo:

:wahoo:
  • I’ve checked the statistics and it is a true fact that 100% of transfer deadline day rumours are more exciting and believable than other rumours

:stats:
  • Sky Sports News:

BREAKING NEWS

West Ham look to have won the race for Jarrod Bowen.

The Hull City attacking midfielder is currently on his way to London for a medical ahead of signing a deal worth £20m.

We understand a deal between the two clubs has been agreed overnight. Personal terms are also agreed.

Crystal Palace were thought to be his preferred destination, but we understand they are now concentrating on other targets.

:nonono:
  • Reasons to love Jarrod Bowen:

I follow a YouTube football manager player and in one of his series last season Jarrod Bowen made cameo appearances because he also loves football manager and that YouTuber
  • How far is Fredericks off returning?
  • I'm sure I read somewhere 6th Feb :hmm:

But for me, the bigger issue is when will he be injured again?

Would still like another RB in, put Zaba out to grass and maybe let Johnson go out on loan to get some fitness/experience under his belt.
  • By the sounds of David Moyes last press conference Soucek and one other we had a serious bid in for which was probably Bowen.
    I can't see us signing more than one player today
  • I'm inclined to agree Yeold. If they get Bowen over the line, arguably they've addressed our two biggest issues with him and Soucek.

Ngakia did well enough against Liverpool to make me think he could see us through to the summer as Fredericks' back-up.

But I'm not giving up hope because, you know, it's that kind of day :wahoo:
  • I wonder if there will be any outs?
  • I wonder if there will be any outs?

Carlos Sanchez :pray:
  • If Bowen signed today would he be available for tomorrow's game?
  • Not that I can imagine a guy being thrown straight onto the pitch 24 hours after signing
  • edited January 2020
    It's here, it's finally here. The day where I get all my hopes up to eventually get crushed :wahoo:

• #nenetime :wahoo:

Think there's an 11am cut-off for him to be available for tomorrow
  • Here’s a question. If we are able to afford him, and he wants to come, why have we waited until it’s too late to register him to play in a very important game, when we’ve had 30 days to register him already?
  • edited January 2020
    It's a good question, alderz.

The cynic in me thinks that maybe Sullivan wanted to avoid spending any money, and was hoping that the Bournemouth win would spark a run of positive results so the pressure to strengthen the squad would be a lot less than it is now.

If we had six more points than we have now, I don't think we'd be looking at Bowen coming in today.
  • Peterborough winger Marcus Maddison is on his way to Hull, apparently, which further strengthens the Bowen news.

Think there's an 11am cut-off for him to be available for tomorrow
    43.8.1 submitted (in such manner as the League shall specify from time to time) to and received by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match; and
  • Good chance it'll be done in time then, Herbie. Seeing reports that he's already in London.
  • Apparently Villa have come in for him. His dad is meant to be a huge Villa fan. :sofa:
  • According to the BBC we are trying to arrange a medical and a deal is still not done. Different to Sky’s take so I expect the truth lies somewhere between the two
  • edited January 2020
    Hamstew said:

Apparently Villa have come in for him. His dad is meant to be a huge Villa fan. :sofa:

According to the BBC we are trying to arrange a medical and a deal is still not done. Different to Sky’s take so I expect the truth lies somewhere between the two

This.

This is what Transfer Deadline Day is all about.

The drama :wahoo:
  • Sean Whetstone, widely believed to be one of Sullivan's mouthpieces on social media, is saying there's an 80% chance of the deal happening.

Last night he was stating 20%

Why do I get the feeling this is going to drag on all day :hmm:
  • Sky now at 10.45 saying he’s on his way for a medical. This may of course only be medical number 1.
  • And now this on BBC:
    "Bournemouth's willingness to let Josh King leave for Manchester United would appear to hinge on whether they can sign Jarrod Bowen from Hull."
  • And now this on BBC:
    "Bournemouth's willingness to let Josh King leave for Manchester United would appear to hinge on whether they can sign Jarrod Bowen from Hull."

Another obstacle. This is amazing :wahoo: