Comments

• :ok: Good luck your going to need it ....WELCOME to our twisted little family :biggrin:
  • "The 24-year-old signs on an initial loan deal until the end of the 2019/20 season, with an option to make the transfer permanent in the summer."

Presumably a permanent transfer would be by mutual consent between both clubs and the player.
    If so and we're relegated, he'll be off, if we survive and he impresses, he'll be snapped up by another EPL team who play in the top half.
  • If he helps us survive he could leave with my blessing
  • Watched his 18/19 video and scored some good low headers. Useful skill, as we can’t get the ball over chest height when we have someone tall in the box.
  • Has to be an improvement on my favorite player Carlos " Steals a living as a footballer, makes Karen Brady look like she's well worth it ", welcome, good luck, stay fit & show us what u made of.
  • The deal makes sense

We are a bit cash poor this season, so we get in a player who improves us (you'd hope) then if it's a success we can make the deal permanent when we can write it on next years books

I do worry a bit about loan to buy deals, weve had a few poor ones over the past couple years in Zaza, Tore, JoaoMario etc

And then there is the other issue mentioned by bubbles, is that there is no guarantee he will want to join us if we take up the option, see Alderweireld who turned down Southamptin for the spuds
  • Welcome Tomas. 👍🏻
  • WHU, IMO we just need to worry about this season, not worth stressing about next, who knows where we will be. :ok:
  • I do worry a bit about loan to buy deals, weve had a few poor ones over the past couple years in Zaza, Tore, JoaoMario etc

Joao Mario was decent imo.

Anyway good luck to Soucek. Let's hope he's not another Radoslav Kovac!

• Presumably a permanent transfer would be by mutual consent between both clubs and the player.
    If so and we're relegated, he'll be off, if we survive and he impresses, he'll be snapped up by another EPL team who play in the top half.

Why do you presume this? Referring to 'an option' surely implies something agreed beyond the simple ' a transfer can happen if it's agreed' scenario which is the default position.
  • To me an option to buy implies it’s down to the club whether they exercise it or not.
  • edited January 2020
    I wonder if anybody knows how to pronounce his surname. Somebody told me that it should sound like soo-check (soo-czech), but maybe this isn't the case? :hmm:
  • That Czech geezer :lol: