A Mood lightener...Where were you born ?

edited December 2019 in General Chatter
So at this hectic time of the year & all the drama around our club, a little lightener, Iv'e often wondered where we all were born & where we live now...
Anyone wanna share?

Me-Born- London Hospital , Whitechapel. August 1971.
Grew up & mum still lives in same house - Chigwell, Essex.
Now Live- Cape Town, South Africa

Comments

• Stepping Hill, Stockport (then Cheshire), November 1958
    Now Irthlingborough, Northants
    Moved to Essex when I was 6 months old.
    First memory of supporting West Ham was as a 4 year old - my first football kit

:scarf:
  • Then: Old Church Hospital. Romford. Essex.

Now: Woolwich. Sarf East London.
  • Then: Innocence.

Now: West Ham hell.
  • Haslemere in surrey

Now Barrie Ontario canada
  • Born in Paddington General, now expensive flats, on the Harrow Rd.

Now live in Gatley, near Cheadle, in the borough of Stockport.

Dodger. Stepping Hill comes under Hazel Grove now, still in Stockport.
  • Still have relations in Chorley Preston. Mum was from Timperley (a genuine Red) and dad from Hull, so that's why I emphasise the Cheshire angle!
  • Crawley
    Crawley
    Crawley
    Boring ain't I.
  • Essex moved to Nottingham when was six, spent years in the Royal Navy travelling around and now live in Derby
  • edited December 2019
    Forest Gate Maternity Hospital - same place as Idris Elba, so that's my claim to fame. I was therefore fated/doomed/sentenced/condemned to follow West Ham, although I'm not sure if Leyton Orient wasn't closer - too late now. :biggrin:
    Present whereabouts - I'd rather not say (I'm just reading 1984 :biggrin: )

Jay, my dad died in the London aged 58.
  • Born in Portsmouth in 1979. Grew up in the city, moved to Brightlingsea, just outside Colchester, in 2001 for a couple of years before moving back. Now living in Cowplain, which is about 10 miles north of Portsmouth.
  • I was based in Pompey in the 80’s Hms Nelson
  • Born at home at 55 Central Drive, Hornchurch, Essex in1953.
    Now in Hutton, Essex, about 10 miles away.

Oh! Suze, Oldchurch is now flats :biggrin:
  • Cuz1 said:

I was based in Pompey in the 80’s Hms Nelson

I work over the road from Nelson in the Naval Base. Which ships did you serve on?
  • Born Norbury.

Spent most of my childhood in Nottingham but now live at the other end of the A46 in St Brendans city.
  • IronHerb said:

Born at home at 55 Central Drive, Hornchurch, Essex in1953.

Oh! Suze, Oldchurch is now flats :biggrin:

I know :weep:
  • The ark royal, Leeds castle, beaver Nottingham engadine to name a few, shore establishments included nelson devonport yeovilton osprey and last two years an exchange with a Royal Air Force seargent at RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire
  • London Hospital in April 56

Now Englefield Green, Surrey
  • Born Belfast Northern Ireland, now live in Carrickfergus which is 12 miles north of Belfast and famous for its’ Norman castle which is over 800 years old. I remember it being built. :whistle:
  • St. Bartholemews Hospital, 1961.
    Bethnal Green, Walthamstow, Chingford, Rayne Essex, Chelmsford, Greenwich, currently back in Essex, but hopefully Suffolk soon.
  • Born in Lambeth. Brought up in Tooting s.w London. Now live in East Grinstead West Sussex
  • Hamstew said:

Crawley
    Crawley
    Crawley
    Boring ain't I.

I said ain't I
  • yoyo said:

Born in Lambeth. Brought up in Tooting s.w London. Now live in East Grinstead West Sussex

When I came out the Navy I worked on Gatwick road and rented a house in Bolney, lovely part of the country
  • Nice one Cuz1. I moved South 20 years ago and love it. A bit of greenery and fresh air not far away. Still proud of my routes though.
  • Born in St Mary's Portsmout, moved to the slums of Glasgow when I was 18 months old, then back to Middlesex when I was nearly six to live with my Grandparents
  • By the way...Nice one jay_in_cpt for lightening the mood. The manager saga was getting a bit heated. We all basically want what is best
  • Hamstew said:

Hamstew said:

Crawley
    Crawley
    Crawley
    Boring ain't I.

I said ain't I
    Not at all Ham. I mean, why would you want to leave? Gatwick Airport. You've got a Toby Carvery. The A23.

Nowhere else can claim this.
  • Born in St Mary's Portsmout, moved to the slums of Glasgow when I was 18 months old, then back to Middlesex when I was nearly six to live with my Grandparents

I was born in St Mary's too :biggrin:
  • IronHerb said:

So are you Hutton Hammer?

I’m really confused :hmm:
  • Hamstew said:

Hamstew said:

Crawley
    Crawley
    Crawley
    Boring ain't I.

I said ain't I
    Not at all Ham. I mean, why would you want to leave? Gatwick Airport. You've got a Toby Carvery. The A23.

Nowhere else can claim this.
    You forgot county mall, leisure park and the laser quest.
  • It has a laser quest!? :wahoo: