Gunners at home, 21 gun salute or blown out of the water: H Arsenal 09:12:19 20:00

edited December 2019 in Match Threads
My heart says home win, my head says they are on an awful run of form and we are just great at ending the slump for the opposition

Comments

• The Arsenal season ticket holder at work says Arsenal are awful at the moment no tracking back players not looking interested. We need a Chelsea type performance and I think we will nick a win
  • I can’t think of a side I’d rather be facing right now. They are all over the place. I only wish we were playing them away so their (half empty) stadium could have turned on them to our benefit.

All that being said, I can only see this being a draw
  • The most exciting thing about this game will be Mike Dean reffing :wahoo:
  • Two poor teams, playing poor football with no idea how to defend.

No way at all how to predict the outcome.
  • Lawro has us down to win 2-0, that's not good
  • Lawro has us winning 2-0. We're doomed...

Arsenal are an absolute mess right now so there's no reason we can't get something from this.

First thing swap Diop for Balbuena, fingers crossed for good news on Antonio and Snoddy.
  • Arsenal are in a total mess right now, not many teams out there who are more dis-organised, playing poor and not really showing any fight what so ever.

West Ham: Hold my beer
  • Charlie Nicholas has it down as 3-1 to Arsenal so there is some hope !
  • edited December 2019
    Arsenal on their worst run since 1977.

:sofa:
  • Ceballoss (closely followed by Kolossinac)
  • Holland not featuring for U23s tonight - suggests he's part of the senior squad for the weekend.
  • Pleased for him but could mean Antonio still out ?
  • Holland looked a bit lightweight on Wed but at least he tried to take players on. When was the last time we saw Anderson try and dribble past a few players ? Antonio is quite direct, but Yarmolenko, Fornals and Snodgrass don't seem to have the confidence or ability to get past players, so we just get lots of sideways passing with little penetration. That seems to be the Pelle method and I fear more of the same on Monday. 0-0, maybe ?
  • Really difficult one to call given the form of both sides, I hope this comes back to bite me but I doubt that whatever the result, that this will be that great an advert for the beautiful game.
  • Had a gander at a few Arsenal fan forums and pessimistic is being kind, they think they're in a relegation battle and most of them think they're going to lose.

There's disagreement over which CB is worse, Luiz or Sokratis, and Pepe is their Haller, 22 goals in the Ligue 1 for Lille last season, cost £72m and just the one goal in the Premier for Arsenal.

They reckon that Rice (and Noble) will snuff out anything coming through the middle and if Aubameyang doesn't score then nobody else will.

The funniest one was the bloke who thought it was a shame that Roberto wasn't playing cos he must need cheering up and even he could have kept a clean sheet.

I'm feeling quite positive after reading all that.
  • No game today :wahoo:
  • Other than Watford and to a degree Norwich, there are so many teams packed close to each other. From 5th to 18th two wins or two losses in a row makes such a difference.

We beat Arsenal and Southampton things will feel so different for us.

Here's hoping. COYI
  • On the basis that IF we were to lose it would be unlikely that Pelle would be sacked I really hope we win so we can start our march up the table.
  • Well I could possibly be wrong, but Snoddie needs a rest. Anderson looked far more interested in the 'Noble role'; Antonio will bully them & give Haller support; and (I was wrong) Fornals has found some form. Masuaku has the pace to mark Aubemiang. Rotation time...
  • With Everton winning we have dropped again. We need to start showing some fight
  • Agree. To be honest, I'm terrified Arsenal will cut us to pieces...
  • edited December 2019

Agree. To be honest, I'm terrified Arsenal will cut us to pieces...

If we lose it shows how far we have come ,, at the star of the season I would Say we win this with confidence,,,now sarcastically easy win lol
  • I’m now growing in optimism and think we will manufacture a win from this one. But only because Arsenal are a complete and utter shambles.
  • By the time this game starts we could be in the relegation zone. We might get a team reaction for this London derby but I think Pellegrini's time is up. He ha snot shown any tactical nous to arrest the sequence of defeats.
    I would like to see Holland start instead of Yarmalenko who hasn't got any pace, can't beat his man and all ttoo ften loses the ball and passes backwards or square. We have enough luxury players who sting like a butterfly. Hope Antonio returns and ideally would like to see him and Haller up frond, but Pellegrini rarely starts with two up front. Then I am just an armchair manager and concerned lifelong supporter.
  • Pengeman said:

He ha snot shown any tactical nous to arrest the sequence of defeats..

Including the humiliating loss at Stamford Bridge...

• Aslef, you are right, Pelle & team did well there, IMO it was more luck than judgment tho & Chelsea made the mistake of resting a few players, hope Pelle proves me wrong, but I really do doubt his ability to mix things up when needed, IMO Arsenal will win, of course, they are on their worse run for donkey's years & face a team that are always so giving to these type of causes , please let me be very wrong, but if not Pelle must get going IMO.
  • My Gooner friends think we're going to muller them and wish they could get Mertesacker to come off the bench (he's Ljunberg's assistant manager).
  • He knows we are as bad if not worse right?
  • Everton were in a mess when we played them,Tottenham hadn’t won away all season,Arsenal are having their worst run since Wilson was prime minister............
  • They seem to think they're worse than us, I guess the other man's grass, etc.

Here's an interesting little stat, they've got four players on four yellows, Sokratis, Chambers, Guendouzi and Xhaka. They've got City at home next weekend and won't want to risk too many being suspended :hmm:
This discussion has been closed.