Home to Spurs - Saturday 23rd November 12.30pm

edited November 2019 in Match Threads
Ok, so I’ve decided to take up Jay’s challenge of starting this match thread (nice and early)

I’ll try and stay positive here - the form book usually goes out of the window when this fixture arrives.

How will we line up given the injuries?

I’m going for a surprise and think we will get a point. Antonio will hopefully be back and we all know he likes a bit of Spurs - he will be a hugely positive influence

I also think that Roberto will somehow find his inner Miklosko (I’ve got nothing to base this on though!)

There’s a big incentive here - should we actually beat them, there’s a small chance we might be the ones who put a final nail in the coffin of Poch’s stay at Spurs?

1-1

Comments

• edited November 2019
    Martin
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Rice - Noble
    Yarmolenko - Fornals - Anderson
    Haller

Roberto, Balbuena, Cresswell, Wilshere, Snodgrass, Antonio, Ajeti

Noble expected to be fit according to Ex.

Tempted to start Antonio but he has been out a while.
  • This team reminds me of a patchwork quilt, hideous... ;)
  • There’s a big incentive here - should we actually beat them, there’s a small chance we might be the ones who put a final nail in the coffin of Poch’s stay at Spurs?

Baracks,

They could see it as putting one onto Pelle's coffin?
  • Baracks you say the form book usually goes out of the window with this fixture but for this one it applies both ways. They’re not doing well either but obviously not as badly as us.
    I note your optimism with Roberto despite at least two papers describing him today as the worst goalkeeper seen in the PL.
  • despite at least two papers describing him today as the worst goalkeeper seen in the PL.

He's conceded 12 goals in 6 games, not quite Bernard Lama's 21 goals in 12 games.

Yet.
  • edited November 2019

I note your optimism with Roberto despite at least two papers describing him today as the worst goalkeeper seen in the PL.

Two writers (journos, pundits, ex-players??) have written their opinions, to be more accurate - unless the papers in question did a poll or something like that.

What papers, and what writers, if I might enquire?

PS, I seem to recall you once saying you didn't believe anything you read in the papers. (Your exact words!)
  • 8 minutes in "moans and groans from the crowd"

27 minutes in "Chants of you don't know what your doing"

Half time whistle "Collective Boo's around the stadium"

58 minutes in "Angry shouting from the stands and 'you're not fit to wear the shirt'"

71 minutes in "Streaker runs onto the pitch"

78 minutes in "is there a fire drill followed by you're getting sacked in the morning from the away support"

82 minutes in "most of the stadium is empty"

Full time whistle "whats left of the support Boo loudly"

• A plan
    And some efforts
  • edited November 2019
    Oops, wrong weekend :doh:
  • edited November 2019
    There are several streams

• C'mon! That was hard to resist :whome:
  • edited November 2019
    It would've made a whole lot more sense too if someone hadn't deleted their 'are there any streams' comment!! :whistle:
  • Hahaha, Baz you were just a little too eager to ttp :biggrin:
  • edited November 2019
    I figured someone else would if I didnt. In hindsight, nobody else would've :lol:
  • live on BT Sport COYI
  • :quaver: We've got Bernard Lama :quaver:

:smoking:
  • Sooner have the Dalia lama
  • Will be doing my best to avoid this one. Will go and do something with the kids instead.
  • edited November 2019
    From the mirrah ................................
    World War 2 bomb 'found yards away from West Ham's London Stadium' ahead of Arsenal clash

The Hammers' clash with Arsenal on December 9 could now be postponed although their match with Tottenham next Saturday will go ahead as planned
    So we can blow up the spuds but not the gooners :puzzled:
  • edited November 2019
    Lukerz said:

Martin
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Rice - Noble
    Yarmolenko - Fornals - Anderson
    Haller

Roberto, Balbuena, Cresswell, Wilshere, Snodgrass, Antonio, Ajeti

Noble expected to be fit according to Ex.

Yeah wanna see Martin play

Am I right in saying reberto came from 3 tear of Spanish football,,, which I think is the reserve of the reserve of the reserves COYI
  • And just in case someone wants to defend robertie

NO player is bigger then the club
  • Lukerz said:

Yes. We need him back, but can't expect him to do 90 mins straight away, so can't be a starter. Impact sub. (Obvs, while acknowledging that I don't know what's going on in training, so don't have all the info that the people actually making the decisions have available to them. #InformedDecisions)
  • Agree with Mrs Grey that Antonio has been missed & that he might not be able to play the full game, i however would start him, not one player has impressed of late & if recent form is to go by it's no good bring him on already 3-0 down ;)
  • Spurs are having a bad run.
    Their next PL game is against West Ham.

You know the rest.
  • Was just offered two tickets. No thank you :lol:
  • I have 2 season tickets. I’m taking my colleague (and good mate) with me. He is a spud.
    We really, really must smash them. I mean play like 1970s Brazil and hurt them bad, otherwise the next few months will be unbearable.

Ear plugs Check
    Thick skin. Check
    Suit of armour Check
    1966 winning the World Cup who the hell is Harry hat trick Kane reposte. Check.
  • Rice in a 3 man central defense, coupled with the fastest wingbacks we have. Don't care about the rest.
  • Only 4 more sleeps before we get a win ,the last one seems like a lifetime ago :thumbsup:
  • I didn’t know you were a hedgehog, Steve?
This discussion has been closed.