Other games 27th/28th and European games

Will move comments in a mo.

Comments

• edited April 2019
    I'm struggling to recall anything as bizarre as this in the wide, wide world of sport.

Leeds score while one of the Villa players is down injured, there's a huge handbags, a Villa player gets sent off and Bielsa instructs the Leeds players to let Villa walk in an equaliser by way of an apology.

Whatever happened to "dirty Leeds"?
  • Well, they scored while a player was down I suppose.
  • Let the ref ref the game.

If I was a Leeds player I'd have refused to do it.

Plus, if teams decide to start gifting goals to the opposition whenever they feel like it, what does that do to he integrity of the table?
  • On that basis OGS or Jurgen should have looked at the tv reviews & allowed us a free goal for the wrong decisions in our matches against them this season. :whistle:
  • It's for the ref to decide to stop the game, personally I'd like to see an end to players putting the ball out.

Apart from anything else, it cost us the cup final, but it's so open to abuse as a team with the ball and their own player down often don't put the ball out.
  • Shocking decision, this time against a big club, definite handball by Burnley but no penalty for City.

The standard of reffing has been truly shocking this season.
  • Aguero........ :wahoo:
  • edited April 2019
    Technology gives it, ref doesn't give it until the goal line aid beeps or whatever it does.

C'mon City.

Edit: In fairness to the ref, if he's trusting the goal line technology, then no reason to give it unless the tech tells him it's over the line, but not sure it woulda been given without the goal line tech.
  • edited April 2019
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, Sergio :goal:

I couldn't stand the BBC / scouser love in if they won it
  • Burnley = Anti Football, and City totally deserve it..
  • I'm struggling to recall anything as bizarre as this in the wide, wide world of sport.

Leeds score while one of the Villa players is down injured, there's a huge handbags, a Villa player gets sent off and Bielsa instructs the Leeds players to let Villa walk in an equaliser by way of an apology.

Whatever happened to "dirty Leeds"?

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see these 2 teams in the Play Off Final, wonder if the same thing would happen there rather than a more or less meaningless end of season game.
  • This evening I find myself in the unfamiliar position of hoping for a Man Utd win.

:puzzled:
  • In the Burnley game, I particularly enjoyed Lowton getting a yellow for petulance, when he rubbed out the foam the ref had sprayed for a free kick.
  • I really can't decide who I want to qualify for the Champions League next season. After so many seasons of Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal always seeming to get there, I (as someone who hates the current format and believes it really should be for the Champions only) find it really amusing when any of those 3 miss out as they all have done in recent years at times. It would also be particularly funny for Spurs to not make it after having been clear of the other 3 for so much of the season.
  • If it was for the champions only it wouldn't be as good as it is

Also how could you not let whoever's loses of Liverpool/City this year over Red Star?
  • Every time I see Ole he looks 5 years older.
  • The current format allows the regular top 4 teams to build a squad, over a number of seasons, that gives them far too big an advantage in the Premier League, imo. It's just designed to generate revenue which then goes to (usually) the same teams, giving them a big advantage over their domestic rivals, so it's kinda self perpetuating.

There's just too many European games these days, I hardly watch any of them as the "big European games" are 10 a penny these days rather than being something rare and worth watching.
  • So Matic stays on the pitch despite doing what Deeny did (shove/poke in the face) to get sent off!
  • MrsGrey said:

Every time I see Ole he looks 5 years older.

He looks like a 14 year old whose been digitally aged to show what he’d look like 30 years after going missing.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48057957

This is what you decide you want when you have paid 100m Euros for Ronaldo and still failed to win it! :doh:
  • How is that a yellow for Willian? He cleanly takes the ball, from the side, and gets a yellow.
  • And Rojo only gets a yellow, really should have seen red.
  • edited April 2019
    :ok: Buffy.

There should not be 11 a piece on the pitch right now.

Anywhere else and a few players are going for early baths.

The reffing is terrible
  • edited April 2019
    Yes, although I really think the game is SO fast now, and players so 'smart' the refs can't see everything - they can't be expected to be bionic men. We REALLY REALLY need VAR.
  • As it stands the game should only be stopped for a head injury but players seem to take it into their own hands and stop play or put the ball out. Refs should tell them before the game what should happen and wave play on but they nearly always end up whistling.
    Having said that you know what’s going to happen and that’s players holding their heads every time they go down.
    Officials are far too weak.
  • Players need to take some responsibility too. Falling over, every time someone runs passed them, screaming blue murder, claiming a ruptured spleen and demanding a card is shown.

• Whatever happened to "dirty Leeds"?

Normal service resumed?

Leeds United striker Patrick Bamford has been charged with "successful deception of a match official" by the Football Association during Sunday's Championship draw with Aston Villa. Bamford went down holding his face after an altercation with Anwar El Ghazi following the home side's controversial opening goal.
    El Ghazi was sent off but has now had the red card rescinded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48106530

If they've already revoked the red card, there doesn't seem much doubt they'll find Bamford guilty.
  • Is that a 3 game ban? If so he misses play off semi's with any luck. Good.