Want cheering up?....Read this! (Cheikh on why he loves Nobes)

Just looking at the official site and read this article about Cheikh and how he has been helped in his return to form by team mates. It really quite cheered me up and I loved the bit about Mark
“I love Mark Noble, not only because he is a West Ham boy and he is the captain, but I love him because he speaks with me and he knows I had some problems, he knows everything about me and always says ‘If you need something, I’m there for you’.”
Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/february/15-february/kouyate-my-teammates-helped-me-get-my-confidence-back#pRohHAfVpSzEBB7U.99
Markie ;bowdown

Cheikh's team mates ;clap

;scarf ;scarf ;scarf

Comments

• Good interview with Kouyate that explains a bit why he was so poor earlier

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/february/15-february/kouyate-my-teammates-helped-me-get-my-confidence-back

What I noticed was this
    I love Mark Noble, not only because he is a West Ham boy and he is the captain, but I love him because he speaks with me and he knows I had some problems, he knows everything about me and always says ‘If you need something, I’m there for you
    Mark Noble, future West Ham manager?
  • I have a few thoughts on that article.

Firstly, I also love Mark Noble ;carew

Second, I thought it was interesting the players he singled out. Lanzini, Arnie, Obiang, Arthur, Adrian and Fonte. It's an interesting insight that indicates we have a squad who work well together and support one another.

Last, It's a bit of a frustration to me that we all felt frustrated about Kouyate's performances, and he was clearly finding our frustration difficult to deal with. Yet, how are we to know? I know they can't tell us anything, but if we were told he's playing with an injury, would he get cut more slack?
  • I think players should just stay off social media.

Reading all the negative comments directed at them must be so demoralising.

No good comes of it imo.

• Interesting for me is that the basis of the article is him recognising the poor form he showed.

This was something we was all commenting on how bad he was playing.

S it's encouraging to know we know what were talking about... ;lol
  • Much love for the Nobes.
  • Vorse ;ok

I think we can see when a player is struggling for form and they know too. The key for me is not that we discuss it on the site but the way we discuss it.

If we make it personal and destructive I believe we become part of prolonging the problem.
    If we are fair and encouraging I believe we are part of the solution.

I get frustrated when I see some extremely personal and vindictive comments on social media. IMO we just shoot ourselves in the foot and undermine the player.
  • edited February 2018
    Dean.... Totally agree.... ;ok

Way to State the blooming obvious...

;whistle
  • It makes such a difference to the team when Kouyate plays well. In the last three games his passing, control and link up play have been back to what we expect of him.