The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• edited February 2018
    And Man City have also been knocked out by Wigan. If it happens to them we can't have been all that bad ;wink
  • ;lol

---

Alan Pardew has said the 4 players who stole the taxi will never play for West Brom again.

.....another 8 players have come forward, and said they were in the back.
  • Ah, and there it is. The relegation excuse. ;whistle
  • I was shocked to read that four WBA players stole a taxi in Barcelona while they were getting McDonalds. They definitely deserve relegation just for that.

What sort of twisted person visiting Barcelona gets hungry and thinks "let's go for a McDonalds"?
  • Probably the only place open at 5.30 am
  • Stoke 0-1 up at HT
  • Howler by Butland 1-1
  • Then he makes two great saves to secure the point.
  • Is it terrible that i cheered kane's late goal against palace? ;whistle
  • No, we did the same.

But we do feel a bit nauseous.
  • It was a bit disappointing that our GD took a hit this weekend. It's crucial we keep it tight even if we lose. Right now 5 teams have a worse GD. That might be crucial come the last day of the season.
  • edited February 2018
    Suz, mike - now go and wash your mouth with bleech!

Off you go

Chop chop

;wink
  • I haven’t got any bleach so I used Gin ;biggrin
  • I haven’t got any bleach so I used Gin ;biggrin

;nonono it's called punishment, suz ;wink
  • 70034842-B393-4B58-A328-AD054E04C6F4

I have a bird in the oven, if anybody needs one. ;wink
  • Need 3 wins from Swansea Stoke Southampton. We had Brighton Bournemouth Newcastle and failed repeat that again against those 3 and is a tough ask to stay up. 2 points from those 3 would be almost curtains.
  • So we are definitely losing at home to Everton and Burnley then?
  • Everton? Most certainly, yes. You do know our record against them, right? ;lol
  • I’d definitely add Burnley to being a winnable game. They’ve dropped off considerably recently.
  • Adam said:

Everton? Most certainly, yes. You do know our record against them, right? ;lol

Yeah, I forgot that. ;lol
  • Things tightened up a bit more this weekend.

Capture

Despite our (probably expected) defeat, we only dropped 1 point closer to the bottom 3.

I hope we can get clear sooner rather than later, as I think the struggle to avoid the drop will be fascinating, and close all the way to the end of the season, but not enjoyable if we are part of it.

A win against Swansea would be a huge step towards safety.

Capture
  • Adam said:

But that was before they sold Lukaku ;wink
  • You forget Rooney normally bangs them in against us.
  • Rooney has scored 15 goals in 9 games out of 23 or 12 goals in 8 games out of 22 if you ignore his hat trick in November because Hart was in goal.
  • Adam said:

You mean that 4 nil home drubbing when they didn't have Lukaku earlier this season was a dream?
  • Adam said:

You mean that 4 nil home drubbing when they didn't have Lukaku earlier this season was a dream?
    Nightmare more likely. But that was when we had Hart in goal, right?
  • Looking at Grey's charts above, who do we think will drop at the end of the season.
    I think West Brom are doomed, then Stoke and a close call for the third team,but I
    think it could be Palace.
  • WBA ;ok

Palace, or Brighton, maybe. (Brighton look OK in the table now, but looking at their remaining games I'm not sure they are going to be picking up too many more points.
This discussion has been closed.