The relegation battle - get out of my league!

Comments

• edited February 2018
    I cannot believe any west ham
    fan would seriously want another team to reap the rewards vs our own survival...
    Others might see it as all cool, but for me any result that means teams around us drop points, I personally don't care who they are playing ;ok
  • Given the way this season is going, I don’t for one minute think we will end up with zero points out of our games v Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Aside from the odd meltdown, Moyes has made sure we are no pushovers. I’d be disappointed, for example if we didn’t take at least a point v Man U.
  • Jay.

I will enjoy Man Utd losing, it (imho) is funny as it was against a really, until today, rubbish Newcastle.

It has no bearing on our Premier League survival.

Believe it or believe it not.

I will not become an old curmudgeon and view all football in terms of West Ham related maths.
  • I will not become an old curmudgeon and view all football in terms of West Ham related maths.

Become? ;wink
  • Each to their own Suzanne ;ok
    Personally don't care about other teams downfalls , just what affects West Ham
  • Just like I am well happy 2 see Liverpool get a world class IMO 2nd goal against Southampton...
  • edited February 2018
    Jay ;ok

I mean, I really don't like Liverpool, but I'm delighted they're beating Southampton.

And I really don't like Chelsea, but I'll be rooting for them tomorrow night.

Because both team's results can directly benefit West Ham. And that, ultimately, is the priority for me.
  • Exactly OCS , even tho we as Hammers fans might not "like" these teams, if it makes our own team benefit, it's pretty obvious IMO ...
    Yeh, I'd love us to make it simple winning the next 4 games in a row , but we all know this is West Ham we support ...any help on offer I'll take thanks .! ;ok
  • I like football, I like watching footballl well played.

I repeat. Newcastle wining has no bearing on our Premiership status. Which is why I enjoyed the result.

Now, Southampton is a totally different story. I can’t stand their holier than thou (sp?)fans or the administration they selected putting local businesses out of business. Watching them get battered is a treat. ;biggrin
  • I have complete happiness when Leeds get beaten.
  • jay.ocs

How do you decide how to react and what to enjoy in the early part of the season when no result really has a bearing on our Premiership status? ;hmm
  • I hope the new teams all stay up, Would be glad to see West Brom and Stoke go down.

Not too bothered who else, Southampton / Swansea / Palace any of those.
  • Mrs Grey I get ur point..
    When we were vying for a top 6 in our first season with Slav it was a strange feeling eventually wanting the " big" teams to lose, but IMO I'm being realistic , until it gets to the crunch it all depends where we are in the league, but where we are now, I'd have much preferd Man U to win...
  • Ah, moral relativism ;biggrin
  • I'd like the teams that I think are most entertaining to watch to stay up, personally. I like it when there are good goals on MOTD.

So if WBA and Newcastle go that would be good. And maybe Stoke?
  • Newcastle for me but only because their chairman is worse than ours
  • I’d like to see Crystal Palace go down, don’t particularly dislike them......just can’t stand Roy Hodgson.
    The other side I’d like to see go down is WBA, purely because Pardew is manager.
  • Wba ,stoke ,and Newcastle for me .however I reserve the right to change my mind every week until the end of the season ;biggrin
  • edited February 2018
    MrsGrey said:

jay.ocs

How do you decide how to react and what to enjoy in the early part of the season when no result really has a bearing on our Premiership status? ;hmm

I go by which team I prefer to win the game.

After about half way through the season, when our position in the league is taking shape, I tend to start looking at the results of the teams around us and hoping those teams drop points.

When it gets to the business end of the season, as it is now, I take a real interest in what our rival's results are and how they affect us, and this dictates who I want to win games.

I really don't think this is anything out of the ordinary.
  • steve said:

Wba ,stoke ,and Newcastle for me .however I reserve the right to change my mind every week until the end of the season ;biggrin

I agree,
  • Actually when Rafa decided to stay at Newcastle when the got relegated he went up in terms of my respect for him, which up until then i’d not had, so if they survive i’ll not be unhappy.
  • ocs ;ok A sensible approach.

But not one I adopt unless I really think we are in the mire. Which I don't, this season. And haven't for some time. ;scarf
  • Haven’t though we were in the mire since Moyes arrived if i’m honest, although I think we’ve had a few mireish performances ;lol
  • As is your prerogative Mrs G ;ok

I just happen to think we are still in the mire, or certainly could be if the teams around us continue to pick up points.

I know Southampton lost, but I would have much preferred if Newcastle, Swansea and Huddersfield had too, just to give us a bit more of a points buffer between us and the relegation zone.

As Lukerz said earlier, we could have to wait until May until we're confirmed as safe; I'd rather not wait til then.
  • I generally prefer our results to do the work, rather than relying on other teams defeats, but if that’s the way it turns out who am I to complain OCS?
  • I want Milwall and Leeds to be relegated.
    From whatever division they are in, every year.
  • I want Milwall and Leeds to be relegated.
    From whatever division they are in, every year.

Blunts
This discussion has been closed.