The manure match thread - Home, 2nd Jan 2017

OK, so my record so far is done one, lost one

Comments

• Bodes well for Monday then ;ok
  • ;lol ;doh

Come on karma, show us what yer got ;deadhorse

• Well done Expat, that's the spirit.

Score draw.
  • I think Kouyate and Ayew will be absent for this game for the Africa Nations Cup unless WHU have secured delayed arrival for its players. I think the players need to join their squads two weeks before the first game and if so they would be leave before the MANU game. Noble looked in discomfort and may well miss this game. Byram and Collins would probably not be ready for the game and could feature on the bench. The team could be

Randolph
    Nordtveit - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswel
    Lanzini - Obiang - Fernandes - Antonio
    Payet
    Carroll

I would like to see Martinez in the squad and get time on the pitch, if possible. He seems lazy and at times is missing but comes alive in the box - a bit like Jimmy Greaves and he did not turn out to be bad player.
  • edited January 2017
    Randolph
    Nordtveit - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Obiang - Kouyate
    Antonio - Carroll - Payet

But have a feeling Carroll will be on the bench due to only playing Sat.

If Nobes is out then Lanzini in. Kouyate and Ayew are expected to participate in this game and then head off.
  • I thought we had Kouyate and Ayew till Monday night (after the game).
  • yes cant really see carroll playing 2 games in 48 hours would like to see Fletcher get a full game
  • Carroll will play for sure. He's as fit as any of the others until he's injured, which he isn't.
  • PL teams usually get permission to keep their ACON players until after this set of games.

Bilic in an interview last Thursday referred to our players going off to join their national squads 'next week'.

I think we'll see them play tomorrow.
  • Why are people thinking Feghouli's not going to ACON? I was under the impression that he is ;hmm
  • Sofiane Feghouli left out of Algeria's final Africa Cup of Nations squad
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38479829
    Will this motivate him or deflate him?
  • We never used to have RB problems before we let Joey O'Brien go.
  • edited January 2017
    penge ;ok
  • Demel ;bowdown
  • Feghouli hasn't been fit enough or played enough to go to ACON. He shows in flashes what he is capable of but needs more game time to come up to speed. One or two on here write him off but I think he just needs more time to come good.
  • Iron,

If I could "agree" more than once I would have, he honestly isn't a bad player he just can't get a chance to show it.
  • I got modded for calling Man Utd "manure" a couple of years back and now it's the thread title... seems consistent.
  • Did you? I've used it before in threads.

Come to think of it there was a spell when names like Blunderland and Spuds was frowned upon so maybe that was it?
  • Probably. I remember being told that we didn't wish to be seen as that kind of forum and that immature names for other clubs were not tolerated. Something to that effect.
  • Ok thanks, I'll point this out to the current mods and see what they think but I think it's fine.
  • Doesn't bother me, just pointing out I was told otherwise ;thumbsup
  • Thanks and you are right to question it?
  • Sign of the times Eski. Slipping standards and all that. ;lol
  • Interestingly, Ivory Coast have rejected Man U's request for Bailly to go to ACON later next week. That means he misses tomorrow's game.
  • I got modded for calling Man Utd "manure" a couple of years back and now it's the thread title... seems consistent.

#thecircle

;whistle
  • Eski
    Spuds was frowned upon
    What no Spuds ;nonono ;weep

They have just put us into 12th place we owe them big time.
  • Did you? I've used it before in threads.

Come to think of it there was a spell when names like Blunderland and Spuds was frowned upon so maybe that was it?

I remember this issue - it was a single person banging on about a particular pet hate, but it was never site policy.

You should never have been modded, eski.

I can't recall specifics (it was a long time ago) but I know at least one similar modding was a rogue incident, and was cancelled once the other mods found out about it. I'm sorry it was let stand in your case. Apologies ;ok
  • No worries ;biggrin thanks!
  • So that's Eski off of the Christmas card list ....
This discussion has been closed.